Those who have made a claim after a car accident..

How did you find the process? Were you successful in claiming for what you felt covered for the pain caused?

Im not interested in hearing from those who don't believe in claiming.

We were stationary at a roundabout waiting to go and someone came full pelt into the back of us. My wife is in agony. Both attended a&e straight after it happened and was assessed and given tablets. My wife Has been taking medication and putting ice/heat on her back and for last hour or so has been crying in pain and cant get comfy. Every movement hurts her.

So if you have made a claim please help by answering the above questions, who did you use etc... Thanks

I'm afraid all your likely to get on here is abuse and told to man up.

Injured people are apparently expected to "accept it" and move on.

My advice would simply be to choose a Solicitor rather than a claims company and check what is being taken from your damages before you sign up. Particularly check the cost of any insurance premium you have to take out.

And if you think the snide comments you'll get for being a claimant are bad, check out the hatred us lawyers get on here. :-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

And if she's still in pain this morning, phone NHS Direct and then go either to your GP or back to A&E (whichever they advice on the phone).

How did you find the process? Were you successful in claiming for what you felt covered for the pain caused?

We were stationary at a roundabout waiting to go and someone came full pelt into the back of us. My wife is in agony. Both attended a&e straight after it happened and was assessed and given tablets. My wife Has been taking medication and putting ice/heat on her back and for last hour or so has been crying in pain and cant get comfy. Every movement hurts her.

So if you have made a claim please help by answering the above questions, who did you use etc... Thanks

Made a compensation claim after being knocked off my bike, for both personal injury and bike repairs. I used Taylor and Emmet, they were very good at communicating the process to me, the whole thing was straightforward. Got some physio paid for, and following a medical assessment, received what I thought was a fair payment in compensation.

You will have two car insurance companies involved here though, so maybe your choice of solicitor or insurance company is not so straightforward.

Get back to the doctors or back to A&E if you're in that much pain, spinal injuries are not to be taken lightly.

The claim will come easy enough with the number of medical records to back it up, but if you don't get proper treatment early enough no amount of money will help you out

Right. Heres my two penneth, I was hit by someone who then denied it and blamed me. He told some right woppers but thankfully he wasnt believed and when it went to court i won. I had over a year of stress agro and hassle. The physical pain i was in was made worse by the stress the situation caused me. The easiest part of the whole process was being compensated for my injuries. After a pretty comprehensive medical the legal and medical bods on both sides agreed what i would receive IF i was proved not at fault and now ive been shown to be not at fault im just waiting for the cheque.

I've recently successfully claimed and it was all sorted within weeks.

I was driving on the Parkway when a lorry in the outside lane decide to pull over into the inside lane taking the back end of my car with it.

He initially admitted liability and thankfully a woman who was driving in front of me saw the aftermath (my car swerving across the lanes) she pulled up to make sure we were ok (my husband and toddler were in the car) and heard him admit liability.

I contacted my car insurance to report the accident and they said we'll also inform out legal department so you can make a claim. Told them I wasn't injured (or didn't think I was) so there was no need. Anyway at the time I was 24 weeks pregnant so was advised by the community midwife to go and get checked. Apart from my blood pressure being up and a bit of a mark myself and baby were ok. My car insurance company then sent me for a physio appointment to see if I had suffered any muscle injury, as it turns out they said I had reduced range on my left side which is common after such accidents. As it doesn't hurt as such it normally gets missed. The car insurance company legal department agreed to pay for 6 sessions for me and got on with the claim. After initially admitting liability they then went back on their word but once they were told that a witness had heard him admit liability and that I was pregnant and would be referred to a private doctor they changed their minds.

A few weeks later I received a cheque, wasn't a massive amount but as I wasn’t after anything then it was a bonus. I was told that the amount of compensation was relevant to an injury that should clear up within 2 months.

From the date of the accident to receiving the cheque I think it was 8 weeks.

I find this kind of issue very difficult.

Accidents happen - perhaps one day it'll happen to you and you'll be sued and you'll think that's fair, in which case I guess that's fine....

But it's amazing how whiplash doesn't seem to exist in car crashes in Africa

And if you have a healthy body, that is well nourished and exercised - sudden movement with your seat belt on, shouldn't cause you much more than soft tissue sprain and bruising which would be gone in a few days.

Not sure why people act as if this kind of situation is life and death?

Because it's not

Accidents happen - perhaps one day it'll happen to you and you'll be sued and you'll think that's fair, in which case I guess that's fine....

And if you have a healthy body, that is well nourished and exercised - sudden movement with your seat belt on, shouldn't cause you much more than soft tissue sprain and bruising which would be gone in a few days.

Because it's not

Really? What about people who are injured, and cannot work for several months? And they cant pay the mortgage? Is that OK? Do people not have mortgages and gas bills in Africa?

Because it's not

Ahhhhhhh, Right. My injuries were imaginary then and my lost wages a figment of my over active imagination :rolleyes:

So what, if someone doesn't eat right, isn't very fit, has some medical condition or is just simply a little bit old then they can all go F themselves???

Whiplash does happen, some people fake it and thats wrong but it still happens.

Because it's not

Who gives a toss if its life or death. Injured is injured. Negligence is negligence.

Prey tell Dr Solomon1 how you know that "whiplash does not seem to exist in Africa"

Welcome to the Association of Personal Injury Attorneys: SA

http://www.saapil.co.za/

Oh what about the registered attorneys in Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Nabia.....thousands of them do injury claims.

If whiplash is such a fantasy, why do GPs diagnose it. Why do treating Consultants report on it. Why do therapist provide physio for it. Are all those GMC registered professional all on the make then? All scamming society eh?

Accidents DO happen yes. But sometimes when someone is suffering physically, mentally and financially people have to face the consequences and pay up. Its the whole bloody point why people have insurance.

Edited by ECCOnoob