Iphone 3g unlocking problems

ive got an iphone 3g works on vodaphone ive been in the settings found the options for 02 t mobile orange ect when i click on 02 option the tick apears but when i put 02 simm in it wont work do i have to pay to getit unlocked as i was told you can do it manually for free

you have to have to pay to have in unlocked sorry

you have to have to pay to have in unlocked sorry

I just phoned O2 up and they sent me an unlock code the next day free of charge.

I just phoned O2 up and they sent me an unlock code the next day free of charge.

iPhone cannot unlocked by a code,never has been,its done by the network operator via iTunes

iPhone cannot unlocked by a code,never has been,its done by the network operator via iTunes

Yup, agreed. Here's O2s page on it...http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

But at the top you say it's locked to vodaphone? Here's the link to Voda's page: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/index.htm

Edited by sgtkate
Wrong link

Well you live and learn, never had an Iphone and I doubt if I will, I think I'll stick to my Samsungs. :)

what about t mobile?, any local shops unlock it?