Chestnuts around sheffield

A little tip for those, like me, who are arachnephobic.

Spiders HATE chestnuts.

One or two placed in the corners of the room and you shouldn't see them for dust.

:gag:

It sounds to me like you need to do a bit of hoovering!

No point telling me ... tell my girlfriend! I've already got one ... she lost hers through a faulty coat pocket.

I've already drilled a hole in mine, just waiting ... :P

I'll tell her next time I see her.Until then,have you thought of just hitting her with your conker when she's not looking to teach her to be more careful.Or buy her a new coat,yer tight get!

I'll tell her next time I see her.Until then,have you thought of just hitting her with your conker when she's not looking to teach her to be more careful.Or buy her a new coat,yer tight get!

I'm not buying her a new coat just for the safe transportation of a conker! :o

Mind you, she's gonna have to buy a new shoelace for her walking boots ... one's 'mysteriously' gone missing. :huh:

Eccy woods but it looks like a poor harvest this year, have been out foraging and they are so small not worth bothering with.

I'm not buying her a new coat just for the safe transportation of a conker! :o

Mind you, she's gonna have to buy a new shoelace for her walking boots ... one's 'mysteriously' gone missing. :huh:

You could make her hop!

Hmmmm- squirrels have beaten me once again to edible chestnuts - Bowden Housesteads :-(

Witty Mr Bloke. ha ha ha

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 22:58 ----------

Tongue in cheek .

pick some off that guy top of fargate or go into the peak district in sheffield they go very quick.

pick some off that guy top of fargate or go into the peak district in sheffield they go very quick.

There's none in the Peak District ... I looked at the weekend. :(

if you mean chestnut tree with the edible nuts or the horse chestnut tree the one with conkers on.

the edible chestnut tree are to be found in eccleshall woods, you can tell the difference between them the edible ones their nut as only short thin spikes. were by the conkers have very hard shells and as hard spine on them you can find these trees in Chatsworth house park land and near to edge of the road through the park. you can tell where the trees are by the number of sticks bits of branches laying around the tree's were kidss and adults had thrown up t0 dislodge the conkers try these places, most of then come from france, Belgium, Portugal could luch with either of them steve

if you mean chestnut tree with the edible nuts or the horse chestnut tree the one with conkers on.

the edible chestnut tree are to be found in eccleshall woods, you can tell the difference between them the edible ones their nut as only short thin spikes. were by the conkers have very hard shells and as hard spine on them you can find these trees in Chatsworth house park land and near to edge of the road through the park. you can tell where the trees are by the number of sticks bits of branches laying around the tree's were kidss and adults had thrown up t0 dislodge the conkers try these places, most of then come from france, Belgium, Portugal could luch with either of them steve

Ha! ... tried looking round Chatsworth last weekend ... zilch! :)

Think the kids have snaffled them all as you mention. It's also very easy to tell the difference between sweet and horse chestnut from further away, just by the shape of the leaves. :thumbsup:

The conkers fall from the tree on their own when they are ripe.The ones knocked down by sticks are watter bellies and no good for conkers.