Something in the sky last night

Last night at 2.30 am I went outside to let the dog out and while I was stood there heard something in the sky and it was moving quite fast bit flying lower than a normal aeroplane and had four lights in a kind of triangle shape

I live in Stoney Middleton and wondered if anyone else had seen anything. One of my neighbours heard it but it had gone by the time she looked.

Maybe the RAF test flying a classified new type of aircraft, why not?

Maybe,I did wonder if it might have been a stealth bomber

it was me, i took the cube out for a spin

A triangular shaped cube? :huh:

A cube with "four lights in a kind of triangle shape".

A cube with "four lights in a kind of triangle shape".

Ah yeah ... thanks for clearing that up, I got confused for a mo there. ... really helpful.

Meanwhile ... back in reality ... a four sided, pentagonal dodecahedron with invisible lights on both surfaces flew over the Bolehills earlier on ... making a whistling noise, sounding not dissimilar to 'Yankee doodle dandy'. Eyewitnesses described it as being perfectly spherical in appearance, apart from the angled edges.

Guest sibon

That cannot be.

A triangle is a two dimensional shape.

Whereas a cube has four dimensions as any fool knows.

That's why I use this forum, you're such a helpful friendly sarcastic bunch of smug *****

A stealth bomber? Could it have been an air strike on that well known IS stronghold that is Foolow?

That's why I use this forum, you're such a helpful friendly sarcastic bunch of smug *****

What were you expecting? That loads of people from Sheffield happened to be in Stoney Middleton at 2.30am gazing at the sky? If you live there you must have seen the military aircraft that fly over quite low. There's an obvious conclusion to be drawn there.

As above.

Maybe,I did wonder if it might have been a stealth bomber

Living in Stoney Middleton you'll know the Derwent Valley is used for military test flights, so you could be right - a stealth bomber not being stealthy enough.