Bonfire night and firework displays 2014

We went to the Transport Club fireworks tonight and I've got to say...

What a waste of time!

The "funfair" was just 2 small rides and a hook a duck.

I was looking forward to some candy floss and a toffee apple but there was only a burger van with a massive queue.

The fire was being overseen by some men who seemed to be having a drinking and swearing contest. I could hear the F and C words being used liberally. This is appaling considering the amount of children in the vicinity.

Are you supposed to be looking after a fire whilst drinking?

The fire works were being set off by some men on the roof. I have seen better displays in my back garden. They were slow and boring.

We left half way through the fireworks - as did quite a few other people.

I have gone to After Dark for the past 7 years and this year's bonfire was the biggest fire and highest dancing flames I've ever seen in my life! It was amazing!

The fireworks were fantastic too lasting 25-30 minutes with music and reference to Tour de France coming to Attercliffe this year. Thank you to the organisers.

Edited by 654321POST
sp.

Is there any bonfires tonight?

This event is for tonight:

B O N F I R E N I G H T @ L A Y C O C K S !

Fri 7th November

Doors open at 18:30

Huge fireworks display

Hot food

Family friendly

Raffle draw

Disco

Carlsberg & Tetleys from only £2.50!

£2 entry to none members

Members free entry

New members always welcome!

See you all there for an excellent night for all the family!!

Laycocks Sports Club

Archer Road

Millhouses/Woodseats

Sheffield S8 0JZ

0114 2369104

info@laycockssportsclub.co.uk

http://www.laycockssportsclub.co.uk

any complaints about the transport ground bonfire will be taken on board and looked into,re the funfair area this area is run by a local funfair operater and the weather people had predicated terrible weather and they limited it due to that fact,spoken to them already and that wont be the case again,also the large food trailor was out of commission that we normally have with chips,candy floss ect and that will be back in 2015,but overall for a free event and the 1st year we have been involved it went well with free face painting,big als music ect,the name the guy and raffle did well and that will increase our firework display in 2015,thank you all for your attendance and will all work hard free of charge to increase this event and improve it in 2015 thanks

I must have gone to a different bonfire, I was at transport ground last nite with friends & children we had a great nite kids got free face painting and had a ball at the disco. Fireworks were a bit slow at start but were brilliant as they went on, there were less funfair there than last year but this was due to weather fore casting heavy rain. very large queues for food & drink but was told this will sorted for next year overall we all had a good nite and are grateful for the organisers putting on this free event.

anyone went up to bole hill?

Thanks for all your feedback about the Transport Club bonfire....we always review your comments (both good and not so good) to see how we can improve the event for next year. The funfair is provided by a local operator, who this year downscaled the fair due to a really bad weather forecast, as Mollymitten states. This issue has already been discussed and should not be a problem in 2015. General feedback so far is that the children enjoyed the free facepainting very much, and there were some wonderful designs wandering around the place! The "Name the Guy" free kiddies competition was extremely popular - with some fantastic suggestions being put forward...our guy was eventually christened "James" and received a rousing countdown to his appointed pride of place on top of our bonfire. Big Al was warmly welcomed as our DJ for the evening, and lots of youngsters had a bop to the disco on the patio. The sum of £90 was raised from the raffle, as a start towards next years event, so thanks to all visitors who kindly supported this part of the evening....fireworks are a massive outlay for these events, so every penny counts to help improve our display for next year. We know we can't compete with the spectacular fireworks at the big sponsored bonfires around the city - unless we start charging admission fees - but the whole point of our event is to make it as accessible as possible to everyone in the community.... so thank you for coming along, and thanks to everyone on the night for your encouragement, especially Bassett One!!

Any fireworks displays on tonight?

Does anyone know if the Chelsea Park bonfire is still on tonight? Weather is set to be terrible all day... :-(

The Worrall Community Bonfire for 2014 is on tonight, starts from 6pm

Due to the wet weather is there a bonfire and fireworks display at Chelsea park tonight.Can some one let us know thanks