Nutribullet - has anyone used it/got any recipes?

I'm not going to get into an argument but I'll just say it is MUCH better than a normal blender.

I just put in whatever I have lying around. Any fruit that looks like it's about to turn. Bananas always seem to go in. Some frozen berries from the freezer. And I always put in whatever greens are going mental in the garden: Kale, chard, spinach etc. Often some nuts or seeds and stuff too.

It's a Magic bullet, re-branded. these have been around for years, they come with all the same attachments, I had one for a while and it cost considerably less.

http://www.mirrorreaderoffers.co.uk/item-am-003magicbullet/magic-bullet-free-total-3-year-cover/?gclid=CJaF6YKMosECFYsEwwodDEEAcw

free 3 year warranty, if you use if often you will probably need that!

I'm not slagging it off, if if gets people eating something other than chips then it's all good!

It's a Magic bullet, re-branded.

Wrong. It is made by the same company but it is not the same product.

Anyways, I said I wasn't going to get into this grrrr ;)

p.s. I'm having chips tonight.

What's a big Mac and fries in one like?

Not tried that but I did put a kebab in it (well, part of one). Tasted alright.

Needless to say, I had downed at least half a shandy beforehand.

Not tried that but I did put a kebab in it (well, part of one). Tasted alright.

Needless to say, I had downed at least half a shandy beforehand.

I can see a whole new late night outlet here. To drunk to chew - stick it in Nutribullet! People could even pour it straight on the pavement and cut out the middle man. :hihi:

Overpriced blender????? I have a blender it does'nt blend nuts to nothing, I have a juicer so messy and pointless. Overpriced £89.99 worth every penny! Me and my husband both use it he never eats veg, I love veg anyway its just the quickness of it I like. As for the pointless attachments? Like what 2 cups with lids we both use and take to work. I take it you've not tried it,

I was thinking the same..I got no pointless accessories with mine and £90 it was a bargin!

Seriously, they are fantastic! It's the best investment I've ever made in my own health!

I like freezing fresh veggies like spinach and blitzing it straight from the freezer in mine - I add carrots, seeds, nuts, water and whatever else I can find - amazing energy boost for the day. Can't recommend them enough - so worth the money.

For a mum of two, the fact that you can just rinse the blade and blender cup clean in about 5 seconds is a massive plus point for me (cleaning time is what always put me off other blenders).

Kate

Much better than any blender.

My fave is mixed berries, banana, spinach n almonds.

Berries, banana, kale and protein powder.

Cucumber, green Apple n spinach.

Very easy to clean x

I've thought about buying one of these but wondered if it might just be an over priced kitchen gadget that might end up in the cupboard along with many other gizmo's that promised all sorts of miracles.

Reading this thread has re-ignited my interest and I'm now considering buying one again. My problem is that after major surgery for colon cancer in November 2013 I find my appetite is very poor. I don't eat anywhere near the recommended portions of fruit and veg. In fact I've become a nibbler and tend to eat when I feel hungry. I always drink plenty of water though so maybe if I got my nutrition in the form of a drink it would be easier for me to bother with.

Are these "drinks" thick after making? I don't think I could stomach something thick and chewy/gloopy.....unless it tasted like a strawberry milkshake. :hihi:

Interesting read anyhow. ;)

I've thought about buying one of these but wondered if it might just be an over priced kitchen gadget that might end up in the cupboard along with many other gizmo's that promised all sorts of miracles.

Are these "drinks" thick after making? I don't think I could stomach something thick and chewy/gloopy.....unless it tasted like a strawberry milkshake. :hihi:

Interesting read anyhow. ;)

In with the fruit/veg u put in as much liquid (water, fruit juice, milk) as u like. I don't like mine too thick so tend to add more water n a bit of ice. Xx

In with the fruit/veg u put in as much liquid (water, fruit juice, milk) as u like. I don't like mine too thick so tend to add more water n a bit of ice. Xx

Thank you for this Lyndix.........mine is on the way now. Yey. :) I watched a few you tube demo's and 2 in particular convinced me. One was a UK lady who tested the nutri bullet, another brand being sold as a smoothie maker and the good old Kenwood liquidiser. She wasn't trying them for any other reason then to be helpful.

She put exactly the same stuff in all 3 machines and then poured the contents into sieves. The only one that was really smooth and went right through the sieve was the nutri bullet. The other two both left a lot of residue in the sieve.

The other lady was somebody who leads a very busy life and wanted to use the smoothies to replace breakfast and maybe lunch while she worked. She opened it straight from the box and got straight on with it. She didn't have time to read the instructions and literally washed it out and got on with it and was thrilled to bits with the end result. This lady wasn't demonstrating for any company either. Just ordinary people who gave honest opinions.

It is a lot of money to spend if you aren't going to use it to it's full, which is why I've done my research first and read this thread. I'm buying it from Curries but going through Quidco so I think there's 7% cashback there along with free delivery.

I can't wait for it to arrive now. :D