Stolen yellow BMW motorbike spotted this eve on Bochum Parkway

Also saw the post on facebook, it certainly looks like the right one. Glad it's been recovered if so.

I'm delighted it's back, but one thing is bugging me. Can anyone explain why the police have had it since yesterday, but the rightful owner only found out this afternoon because friends saw it on the SNA Facebook page and contacted her?

I'm the grumpy one asking, btw, not her. She's just delighted it isn't out there being used to rob people anymore.

Perhaps the right people to ask would be the police. Perhaps they have to log it and run some tests, take photos etc becayse it is evidence. You do seem pretty grumpy and miserable about the short delay.

Police cant win.

Saw someone had their stolen car found, complained that they had to go and pick it up.

Bike found and complaining that its not being returned.

He will complain more once he finds out the police has tow it to a compand to stop it getting stolen again. they will charge you remove fee and a daily rate for storage

good bye to £120+ and hope not much damage to bike

Don't put words in my mouth, please.

I'm just wondering why post it on Facebook, but not let the owner know directly that it's been found.

I have asked the question on the SNA page. I'll let you know if I get a response. I'm sure there's a good explanation.

Glad it's been returned

Thank you, esme, we're all so relieved. Still don't know what condition it's in, though, so got our fingers crossed. It hasn't been burned out, which is a huge blessing, but I'm aware there could be damage that isn't immediately obvious from a photo.

Looking at the crime reports from the last twenty four hours, a lot of bikes have been stolen. The next challenge is finding a secure place to put it if it's still in working order. It's looking like a hermetically sealed iron safe wouldn't necessarily work at the moment. :(

Any update on the bike, how much did it cost to recover the bike from the compand? If the engine is knacker, you will wish they never found it or have burn it out!

I'm sure that it would never occur to anyone who buys a motorbike from someone in Gleadless that it may have been stolen.

What makes you think that just because a bike comes from gleadless that it may be stolen

Woodseats recovered this bike a few days ago! Yay hope it's not too damaged x