Five guilty of sexual assault of 13 yr old

I bet they get a pitifully short sentence of less than 10 years.

They've been sentenced: One got 12 years; two got 4 years; one got 5 and a half years; and another got 3 years....

Given that D.I. Helen Tate said after the trial:

“What happened to the victim has had a huge and profound impact on her life and the lives of her family....I cannot put into words what this child experienced at the hands of these men".

The sentences below 10 years seem pitifully short to me, and hardly sends out a:

"warning to those individuals who choose to exploit young people, you will be found and brought to justice".

Needless to say I personally hope their short time in prison is as miserable as they made their victim feel.

Edited by Mister M

They've been sentenced: One got 12 years; two got 4 years; one got 5 and a half years; and another got 3 years....

Given that D.I. Helen Tate said after the trial:

“What happened to the victim has had a huge and profound impact on her life and the lives of her family....I cannot put into words what this child experienced at the hands of these men".

The sentences below 10 years seem pitifully short to me, and hardly sends out a:

"warning to those individuals who choose to exploit young people, you will be found and brought to justice".

Needless to say I personally hope their short time in prison is as miserable as they made their victim feel.

They should have all got 10 years or over IMO for what they did and I hope the under 10 year sentences get reviewed for being too lenient.

Given all the recent child grooming cases coming to light the courts should be coming down hard on these nonces.

Will the one who got "12 years" actually still be in prison on 1st October 2026? I would bet my life savings that that will not be the case.

What makes you believe that the recent celebrity sex cases has anything to do with this case, why compare the two?

I suspect the concern is regarding the amount of police time committed to the celebrity cases, compared with that spent on dealing with what I'd say are far more serious crimes.

How many police man hours were spent travelling down to Cliff Richards mansion and raiding it?

How many police man hours are spent investigating a rape claim from a 14 year old lass in Rotherham/Sheffield against an Asian taxi driver?

I think we all know where the greater effort has been concentrated.

Regards

Doom

What a tremendous display of bravery from the 13 year old girl who was victim of these terrible acts.

I hope every single case in the Rotherham abuse scandal and cases of CSE in Sheffield and elsewhere in the country all see succesful and swift prosecutions now, as well as those complicit in delaying justice for the victims and their families and allowing the abuse to continue. The victims and their families now must get the justice they deserve without further delay.

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 23:03 ----------

They should have all got 10 years or over IMO for what they did and I hope the under 10 year sentences get reviewed for being too lenient.

Given all the recent child grooming cases coming to light the courts should be coming down hard on these nonces.

Well said - totally agree.

What a tremendous display of bravery from the 13 year old girl who was victim of these terrible acts.

I hope every single case in the Rotherham abuse scandal and cases of CSE in Sheffield and elsewhere in the country all see succesful and swift prosecutions now, as well as those complicit in delaying justice for the victims and their families and allowing the abuse to continue. The victims and their families now must get the justice they deserve without further delay.

Agree with all that.

I've also got to add that I feel for the many decent taxi drivers who are now getting abuse due to the actions of a few.

Remember folks, they're just trying to earn a living. Most will be decent hard working family men who just want to earn an honest crust for their families.

Regards

Doom

Will the one who got "12 years" actually still be in prison on 1st October 2026? I would bet my life savings that that will not be the case.

In the land of doublespeak 12=6.

You will find they are british and we can't deport british nonces.

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 01:06 ----------

In the land of doublespeak 12=6.

No jim,12yrs is a parole on licence sentence,8yrs is most likely the least time he will do in jail,it is up to the parole board when he is released.

they should be hung.

TBH I was thinking castration, but then thats just me thinking it will stop them doing it again when they get out, which they will