Morrisons loyalty card.

oh gawd, not another bloody card to carry. have they learnt nothing from tesco clubcard and their ailing profits and share price?

if they can work out that we could have got it cheaper, why dont they give us an instant discount?

i got a 'price difference' 40p off your next shop coupon from tesco. great! now i've got to spent a quids worth of fuel to go back if i want to spend it.

dont bother discussing.

If you don't want a discussion how about don't bother posting in the first place. :thumbsup:

Nobody is going to make you get a Morrisons card, if you don't want to carry one, don't get one. :suspect:

I was at Morrisons in Hillsborough yesterday. I wasn't asked if I wanted a loyalty card, not did I see any promotion for it. I would have asked at the info desk but there was a queue.

Incidentally, why is the Hillsborough branch still charging £1 (refundable) for trolleys when other branches have stopped the practice?

There's a Lidl advert out poking fun at Morrison's and their loyalty card

Ha! What a burn! :P

If you don't want a discussion how about don't bother posting in the first place. :thumbsup:

Nobody is going to make you get a Morrisons card, if you don't want to carry one, don't get one. :suspect:

the best way to get a discussion going is to say 'dont bother discussing' it works!

we do most of our shopping at morrisons since moving from tesco about 3 years ago. we saved £30 on our first shopping trip buying comparable items. we still get the odd items from tesco.

there is only 1 morrison store in a 2 mile radius, there are 4 tescos and 1 asda. we like morrisons stores except for their cheese which gives me too much wind!

with the card announcement we took the opportunity to visit a larger and more distant asda store at handsworth. we got half our usual grocery shop but bought non food items such as clothes which morrisons do not stock as they have a peacocks instore. we spent 25% more at asda, surely a lesson for morrisons to take on board.

i notice their (spend £200 and get £10 off) loyalty coupons are going again at morrisons. we could save a fortune by visiting a dozen shops to get our produce but moaning on this forum takes up too much of my free time. why doesnt the government set up nationalised hypermarkets where we can shop and cut out the middle man? profits could pay off the national debt.

Edited by muckymurphy

Seems to be true. Maybe I'll do that on my next topic :)

I have just got my card, what I want to know is --what is the purpose of the 2 half size cards that came with it? I will ask next time I go in but in the meantime does anyone know?

I have just got my card, what I want to know is --what is the purpose of the 2 half size cards that came with it? I will ask next time I go in but in the meantime does anyone know?

They are meant to be attached to key rings so that you don't need your wallet or purse to carry the full size one.

we have mini cards from tesco that we give to family members so that when they remember to use them, we get the rewards. clever eh!

Morrisons loyalty card. No good to me. I want to see the savings at the till not in points!

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 02:36 ----------

Spend £50 and get £ 1.00 Loyalty Points... Hmm Or shop at aldi and lidl and save £25.00 Let me think About this ... HMMMMMM £1.00 points or £25 hard real cash. Its a hard one!

Morrisons loyalty card. No good to me. I want to see the savings at the till not in points!

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 02:36 ----------

Spend £50 and get £ 1.00 Loyalty Points... Hmm Or shop at aldi and lidl and save £25.00 Let me think About this ... HMMMMMM £1.00 points or £25 hard real cash. Its a hard one!

I tried the whole Aldi/Lidl thing and no way is there savings anything like that, I found the cost of the shop comparable to the big 4, however the quality was alot less!! And the copied brand names may look similar but that's where the similarity starts and ends.