First Buses are a total shambles

Correct, PT - but it still serves Arundel Gate/High St., doesn't it?

Only in one direction.

First cannot be blamed for only serving High Street in one direction when it is a one way street!

The only service that can physically serve it both ways is the tram which does provide a regular link between the rail station, High Street, West Street and the University.

I have been using public transport in Sheffield for at least 27 years. Sheffield is a disaster when it comes to traffic congestion and half a million people commuting around the 3rd most densely populated region in the UK. However, First buses are dreadful. They don't turn up on time, even when the Stagecoach services run fine on the same roads, particularly when roads are less busy, during half term etc. They have 'missing' buses, making me late for work. The buses are filthy and smell, unlike Stagecoach buses, which are always in a better condition. Also, many First drivers are just thick. They don't seem to realise the urgency of bus travel. People are trying to get to work on time and want to avoid the consequences of being late. I have known colleagues sacked for lateness. Bus drivers are already at work, when they decide to turn up. They don't pay attention when the bell rings and often go past the required bus stop. They just don't care. They don't look out for people when its foggy and I have had to literally run out in front of the bus, to get the driver to respond. I have also noticed a tendency for First buses to drive very close to large wagons and lorries, so they 'can't see' people at bus stops. They don't want the 'inconvenience' of having to stop and then try to rejoin traffic. They are useless and have no respect for the people paying their wages. I have decided to buy the Stagecoach Megarider 4 week pass. It costs £46 and allows me to use the VERY regular and reliable 79/79a service. It also allows me to use the Supertram and this stops about 600 yards from work. I will never set foot on a First bus again. They have let me down too many times now and they are not worth the hassle.

Well I continue to complain about the 95 service. I have sent in 2 claim forms for the busses that never turn been waiting over 2 weeks for a response from them.

Im with you on the 95 service. I was meeting friends at the showroom last saturday at 2.15.

I went for the bus at 1.20pm. At 2pm i had to flag a taxi as 3 buses were missing. I was livid. Used be a reliable service. Lord knows what they have that bus lane near brook hill for. The service doesnt merit one.

I usually walk to town from walkley, its quicker

Caught 4 First buses today and they absolutely fine and on time.

Its Not just First Drivers but Stagecoach as well,they never seem Drive with the Right attitude to the Public,When there no Traffic on the Roads they Drive that Slow when People want to Get to Work on Time,an Love making people late,but would they Drive there Own Cars like that,i am sure not,then when the Traffic starts mounting up they never seem to be bothered to Work to there Timetable at All,so between 7.30am and 6.30pm theres no chance of the Buses being Reliable,then the Drivers go back to there Slow Driving when theres no Traffic an not people about catching buses,but for those doing Shifts wanting to get home the Drivers do not seem bothered with helping people at All,Wish we could Report the Drivers but it a Waste of Time Ringing Up an Complaining,because they people at First or Stagecoach never do Anything to Improve there Services

Its Not just First Drivers but Stagecoach as well,they never seem Drive with the Right attitude to the Public,When there no Traffic on the Roads they Drive that Slow when People want to Get to Work on Time,an Love making people late,but would they Drive there Own Cars like that,i am sure not,then when the Traffic starts mounting up they never seem to be bothered to Work to there Timetable at All,so between 7.30am and 6.30pm theres no chance of the Buses being Reliable,then the Drivers go back to there Slow Driving when theres no Traffic an not people about catching buses,but for those doing Shifts wanting to get home the Drivers do not seem bothered with helping people at All,Wish we could Report the Drivers but it a Waste of Time Ringing Up an Complaining,because they people at First or Stagecoach never do Anything to Improve there Services

Yeah, bus drivers love nothing more than making people late for work! That's why they drive so slow when the roads are empty! Nothing to do with them having a time table to stick to or anything!! :loopy:

If the bus driver picked you up and then went speeding through the city to get you to work on time then he'd be early at all the other stops and the other people would miss their bus!

If the bus you catch makes you late for work then get up earlier and get the earlier bus!

Buses are very slow and are not made to take people to work or appointments on time.

Not only are they slow, you have to add extra time to the journey to make up for inefficiencies so the journey even gets longer.

Their cost exceeds the value. You can only travel in or out of the centre and the few circulars are so bad it is like sitting on a gambling table waiting for them then they go all over the place with weird go here and there routes to take forever to get you anywhere.

I agree with you dutch. Before I got my car I had to get the bus to work. To get there on time to start my shift at 11 o clock, I had to leave my house about 9.30. Now I've got my car, I leave at 10.45 and still get there with time to make a cuppa before starting my shift!

I do feel sorry for all the bus drivers, they really do get some stick and don't deserve it! The buses are unreliable but it's not the drivers fault. I'd hate to go back to using public transport, I hated it!

The buses are unreliable but it's not the drivers fault. I'd hate to go back to using public transport, I hated it!

Sometimes it may not be but I'm pretty certain most of the time it is. Swapping drivers, programming the ticket machine etc, they don't exactly put their back out; it's a good job they're not on piece work. Why do you think isn't it their fault?

Sometimes it may not be but I'm pretty certain most of the time it is. Swapping drivers, programming the ticket machine etc, they don't exactly put their back out; it's a good job they're not on piece work. Why do you think isn't it their fault?

Why do you think it is?