Not sure where to put this, any milkmen anymore??

We have deliveries from Hillsborough Dairy (we're in S8), very reliable and can deliver items other than milk. Worth paying a little more than supermarket prices.

Simon Hide, Dairyman, delivers in S11. Tel 07894 858428. Very reliable.

Definitely still ones that deliver in Wadsley, although they don't use electric milk floats anymore.

We are a family of milk lovers and we have a tendancy of waking in the morning, going for some milk for breakfast and finding we only have a trickle left. We liked the idea of having some milk delivered in the morning like the good old days, little one thinks its a fab idea.

Question is, do they still do it anymore, and if they do how much has it jumped up in price???

Not sure if its right place to put this but if not im sure i will be redirected.

thankies :D

Easy! buy a cow.:hihi:

I still use my milkman in High Green.

I've no idea how much it costs a pint, although I'm sure it will be a lot more than the Supermarkets, but it's a price worth paying to maintain a good old tradition and have it there waiting for me on the step in the morning.

Regards

Doom

Thanks everyone for your help, caught mr milkman this morning on my way out as he delivers to the house next door. 55p a pint which i didnt think was bad at all. YAY to the milkman.

Been in Sheffield for over 5 years now and haven't once seen a milkman. A massive shame

We used to get out milk via Milk and More, we only stopped when I went part time so it was easy for me to go to the shops to buy some milk. I remember that during the summer they used to deliver the milk at 2 in the morning sometimes.

I have two pints in glass bottles delivered every Friday. He calls about 6am and I leave £1.42 in cash for him to collect. Had him for years and never let me down. I'm at Norton, but it's from the dairy at Hillsborough.

It is more expensive than the supermarkets, but if I was to run out of milk, a little trip to get some would cost me more in the add-ons I can never resist!

My mum's family were dairy farmers and she used to help deliver milk from the churn, using measured jugs, so I'd like to support the home delivery service whilst I can.

However, I hear they are phasing out the glass bottles and using plastic. In that case I shall probably use the supermarket.