Not sure where to put this, any milkmen anymore??

We are a family of milk lovers and we have a tendancy of waking in the morning, going for some milk for breakfast and finding we only have a trickle left. We liked the idea of having some milk delivered in the morning like the good old days, little one thinks its a fab idea.

Question is, do they still do it anymore, and if they do how much has it jumped up in price???

Not sure if its right place to put this but if not im sure i will be redirected.

thankies :D

I haven't seen one for years. Can't see how it'd be viable when supermarkets sell 4 pint bottles for £1.

We have a milkman on our road in Hillsborough. Don't know his details. Think he just does milk, no extras, no frills.

Yes one calls on our road early hour's in Hillsborough

im on doe royd at parson cross, my mother in law said one called to our door a few month back but never came back.

We have a milkman...he's fab!! We're in Deepcar but I'm not sure what other areas he covers.

I believe Our Cow Molly also deliver in Stannington kind of area?

The milk is slightly more expensive, but fresher, hasn't travelled round the country in a tanker, and very convenient!

We gave Dairy Crest a try after a salesman had called round and we were having the same problem as the OP with running out, it was 75p a pint but worth it for the convenience, that was until we started getting sour milk in the summer months approx half the delivered bottles were off, fair enough the cost was credited but it meant we were still having to top up from supermarkets, a shame.

You can freeze milk in the plastic supermarket containers and then just put in the fridge 24 hours before you need it. It won't have defrosted completely but enough will have to use it.

I used to be nipping out at all hours when we ran out but now I just buy 2 or 3 x 4 pinters and freeze them. Sometimes I might forget to remove from the freezer in time but you can defrost quicker by leaving the milk out for an hour or two.

I haven't seen one for years. Can't see how it'd be viable when supermarkets sell 4 pint bottles for £1.

Perhaps because about 25% of households don't have a car?

I think milkmen went the way of the dinosaur and smallpox, that is to say they are no more. In 30 years time you'll be able to go to a museum and see fossilised milkmen.

If you do ever hear something stirring in the dark hours of the morning, perhaps a jingling of glass bottles, then grab your video camera and creep outside. If you're lucky you might catch a glimpse of the elusive creamy creeper, rattling around in the wee hours like some kind of mythical yeti. Just don't scare him or he'll be on his magical milk float and speed down the road at 5mph like a clanging white dairy rocket. Me and a small group of volunteers have gone on many milkman patrols in the early hours, when most are still tucked up in bed dreaming of Yorkshire puddings, armed only with cameras and tranquillisers and the steely fire in our bellies just hoping to be one of the rare few to catch a glimpse of this mythical beast but, alas, so far my mortal eyes be not worthy of such an honour.