Tinsley residents, workers, or passers by: Being plagued by flies?

Gosh, you mean the weather killed the flies? :D

It probably is the plant, I am not familiar with Tinsley, but we lived near a dairy farm and there were always more flies there as well. Something to do with the way they breed. I won't go into details.

Well I'm not sure it's killed them, but there are definitely only a few about inside the offices and works today. I suspect those are only the survivors from last week that managed to avoid the fly papers and spray I dowsed the place with before I left on Friday...All hail the English weather!

Environment Agency?Those people that were looking into Sterecycle for five years plus?About as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.Sterecycle goes bust and the new guys move in renaming the operation as Waste Transfer so the agency put their heads back under the sand.

Environment Agency?Those people that were looking into Sterecycle for five years plus?About as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.Sterecycle goes bust and the new guys move in renaming the operation as Waste Transfer so the agency put their heads back under the sand.

They will have had to do more than just look at it if is a permitted site. If they aren't breaching their permit there isn't a lot the EA can do. I know they can close operations down if it is proven that stock piled waste is causing a fly problem, look at the cases where this has happened in the last few years.

Edited by PeteMorris

Had visit from Environment and Regulatory Sevices today I was out he left me a note saying he wants me to send him a sample of flies !

Watch this space Pete x

Edited by POPSIE

Had visit from Enviroment and Regulatory Sevices today I was out he left me a note saying he wants me to send him a sample of flies !

Watch this space Pete x

Who? I have never heard this term before. Was it the Council EH? You shouldn't have to catch flies for them.

Had visit from Enviroment and Regulatory Sevices today I was out he left me a note saying he wants me to send him a sample of flies !

Watch this space Pete x

What?...A live one?...hahaha...I've got plenty of deceased ones!!..They're littering my office...(don't have a very good cleaner)...lol

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 18:05 ----------

Who? I have never heard this term before. Was it the Council EH? You shouldn't have to catch flies for them.

Well maybe Popsie got the official 'title' wrong...But I assume it's as a result of her complaint, so it would seem legit....

It may be to determine what sort of infestation it is...Someone mentioned 'cluster' flies...personally I don't think it's a case of that...if it is, it's a flippin big cluster, to be all over Tinsley...Even though the weather has taken a dip and there's been lots of rain, I'm still getting them at work...Not nearly as bad this week...

I did have an offer from a helpful forum member who lives in the area to fly a quad copter (it's got video recording capabilities) across the 'suspect' site...But I declined for fear of 'losing' it...Thanks fella...(you know who you are)...

Thats what it says on the card they left me Environment and Regulatory Services Gayton Road Sheffield 4

Well my duty is done Ive taken the flies to be analysed I will let you know the outcome

x

Well my duty is done Ive taken the flies to be analysed I will let you know the outcome

x

I had the council environmental people phone me yesterday. Apparently if the problem is coming from where we suspect, it's the environmental agency that would be responsible. So they have passed the buck to EA...

I had the council environmental people phone me yesterday. Apparently if the problem is coming from where we suspect, it's the environmental agency that would be responsible. So they have passed the buck to EA...

The council have passed the buck?

Sorry Pete... I just don't believe it! ;)

Pete have they asked you for specimen of flies ?