50million Olympic Legacy Park for former Don Valley

Probably have a more enthusiastic response if the tax payer wasn't still paying for the one they just knocked down.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest sibon

As I said.

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

As I said.

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

truth hurts . I would bet most sheffielders would wonder ,why pull down a stadium and then build a new one on the same site .

Guest sibon
truth hurts . I would bet most sheffielders would wonder ,why pull down a stadium and then build a new one on the same site .

Because nobody used DVS.

The land is now in a state that is attracting external investment.

Is that so hard to understand?

You do understand that they are not rebuilding Don Valley as it was before it got knocked down? You are aware that they are proposing something that fits their purpose, and something that they can get a use out of?

That would be like knocking down the city centre and replacing it with Sevenstones. Oh hang on!

Its more like closing down the old market place and replacing it with another much more expensive one that will be paid for by doubling the number of folk who shop there.

This could be a good location for an international event in the future.

Perhaps something to do with students or such like ?

Probably have a more enthusiastic response if the tax payer wasn't still paying for the one they just knocked down.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Read the proposal. There's going to be far more on the site than one stadium that was underused.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 23:16 ----------

I sometimes think the main purpose of paying my council tax is to maintain an Aunt Sally for Sheffielders to moan about and blame every thing on. I wish the moaners and groaners would stand as councillors if they are so sure they know how it should be done.

Edited by dhs1

You do understand that they are not rebuilding Don Valley as it was before it got knocked down? You are aware that they are proposing something that fits their purpose, and something that they can get a use out of?

Isn't that what they thought about Don Valley as well?

:suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect:how much money is Richard caborn investing in this and how will it benefit him :suspect::suspect:

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 23:49 ----------

fits whos purpose ? and why is the land so cheap and what do the council tax payers of Sheffield get from this deal ?

Because nobody used DVS.

The land is now in a state that is attracting external investment.

Is that so hard to understand?

No one used Don Valley Stadium because the gates were chained shut. You can't buy a pint in a pub if the doors never open. DVS needed marketting. It needed someone to put on events for folk to go to. That's the problem. Its not lack of venues. It is lack of initiative by those running them to actually put on events and sell tickets for those events.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 23:52 ----------

fits whos purpose ? and why is the land so cheap and what do the council tax payers of Sheffield get from this deal ?

Bills.............

Guest sibon
No one used Don Valley Stadium because the gates were chained shut. You can't buy a pint in a pub if the doors never open. DVS needed marketting. It needed someone to put on events for folk to go to. That's the problem. Its not lack of venues. It is lack of initiative by those running them to actually put on events and sell tickets for those events.

When did you last attend an event at the DVS?

When did you last attend an event at the DVS?

When did they last put on an event for anyone to attend? I did pop down a few times but the gates were chained shut.

Guest sibon
When did they last put on an event for anyone to attend? I did pop down a few times but the gates were chained shut.

You popped down on spec, to find the gates chained up? You must be crazy.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to talk to you really.

I go to Hillsborough when I know that there is a match on. It works better that way.

You could have gone to this. It looks like there were plenty of seats left.