50million Olympic Legacy Park for former Don Valley

All down to council palm greasing, someone will have recieved a good backhand for getting this through :suspect:

glad i didnt say that.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 19:04 ----------

No they won't - if you're not convinced you could examine the books of course.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/finance/supplier-payments.html

backhanders are declared are they??????? :hihi::D:loopy::confused::roll:

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 19:05 ----------

shall i schedule the demolition for around 2040 then?

Replacing a stadium with a...erm, stadium?

That would be like knocking down the city centre and replacing it with Sevenstones. Oh hang on!

Its more like closing down the old market place and replacing it with another much more expensive one that will be paid for by doubling the number of folk who shop there.

Edited by roosterboost

Don't worry - as a resident of Barnsley you won't have to pay owt.

I did last time though and did for years thanks to SCC`s stupidity

This could be a good location for an international event in the future.

Perhaps something to do with students or such like ?

This could be a good location for an international event in the future.

Perhaps something to do with students or such like ?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

So the council is to spend 10 million on a stadium site that has just been demolished even though it is still being paid for?? and we are still facing more cuts to services,I think its lunacy and should be stopped.

However certain it is, I have to admit that I half expect it to remain as nothing more than a pile of rubble.

All down to council palm greasing, someone will have recieved a good backhand for getting this through :suspect:

is the former sports minister Richard Caborn involved with this ?

Guest sibon

It is funny really. We have loads of threads along the lines of "Why isn't Sheffield as good as Manchester/Leeds?". Why isn't our arena as good? Why aren't the roads as good? Whinge, whinge, compare, compare, drag the city down.

Then the council attracts external funding for a fantastically ambitious project. Something that could transform the east end. How do the forum doom mongers respond? Whinge, whinge, whine whine, unfounded allegations, whinge.

It looks a brilliant idea to me. It will sit really well with Ice Sheffield and EIS.

It is funny really. We have loads of threads along the lines of "Why isn't Sheffield as good as Manchester/Leeds?". Why isn't our arena as good? Why aren't the roads as good? Whinge, whinge, compare, compare, drag the city down.

Then the council attracts external funding for a fantastically ambitious project. Something that could transform the east end. How do the forum doom mongers respond? Whinge, whinge, whine whine, unfounded allegations, whinge.

It looks a brilliant idea to me. It will sit really well with Ice Sheffield and EIS.

probably because its been done before and strangely enough on the same site :huh:

Probably have a more enthusiastic response if the tax payer wasn't still paying for the one they just knocked down.