A question regarding grenoside crematorium

Why not ring them up, you would most likely have the answer to your question by now.

In my opinion, dogs should not be permitted in burial grounds. Without wishing to upset anyone, it just seems wholly inappropriate. Other people have loved ones remains there too.

Dogs are not allowed in the cemetary where my relations are, and rightly so.

I don't see how its inappropriate. For one thing, what if the dog belonged to the person you are visiting? Don't you think they would want to see them?

Plus as already pointed out, some people the dog may be all they have left. Having their pet to comfort them there is a big deal.

I don't see how its inappropriate. For one thing, what if the dog belonged to the person you are visiting? Don't you think they would want to see them?

Plus as already pointed out, some people the dog may be all they have left. Having their pet to comfort them there is a big deal.

They would be dead !!

They would be dead !!

True, and that is why I do not feel the need to visit the cemetary to think of my lost loved ones.

However, by that logic they wouldn't be there in the first place. Some people DO feel the need to visit the place of rest of their loved ones and in that case wanting their pet along (especially if it belonged to the person they are visiting) makes perfect sense.

Cant see the issue with dogs being allowed in the garden, assuming they are on a lead and any mess is cleaned up. Dogs can help immensely when it comes to grief, many people will want them there.

True, and that is why I do not feel the need to visit the cemetary to think of my lost loved ones.

However, by that logic they wouldn't be there in the first place. Some people DO feel the need to visit the place of rest of their loved ones and in that case wanting their pet along (especially if it belonged to the person they are visiting) makes perfect sense.

The dead person,the visitor or the dog ?

What about a dearly loved pet elephant ?

for a place where no actual bodies are buried then it's probably ok as long as they are controlled

for a place with buried bodies there is always the risk the dog will encounter a bone

for a place where no actual bodies are buried then it's probably ok as long as they are controlled

for a place with buried bodies there is always the risk the dog will encounter a bone

I assume you arent being serious here?

We have seen dogs being walked in Hutcliffe Wood, and dog mess at the base of the tree where we commemorate my parents. We have also seen walkers letting their dogs wee on the kerbs where memorial plaques are placed. Sorry to all those responsible dog owners, but I think dogs should not be allowed in these areas as you can`t stop a dog from doing what comes naturally.

We have seen dogs being walked in Hutcliffe Wood, and dog mess at the base of the tree where we commemorate my parents. We have also seen walkers letting their dogs wee on the kerbs where memorial plaques are placed. Sorry to all those responsible dog owners, but I think dogs should not be allowed in these areas as you can`t stop a dog from doing what comes naturally.

Agreed. Pets should not be permitted because they excrete and pee.

I'm slightly surprised that some can't see this as a bit of an issue in a burial ground where others are mourning and comemmerating their relatives. There is simply no reason to take a dog in a cemetary.

Agreed. Pets should not be permitted because they excrete and pee.

I'm slightly surprised that some can't see this as a bit of an issue in a burial ground where others are mourning and comemmerating their relatives. There is simply no reason to take a dog in a cemetary.

Also a good reason to stop the birds flying over.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9sWjnJFHU

This.....just this.

Thanks for the positive responses.

I intend to take the dog with me, but will ensure she is well exercised to do her business elsewhere beforehand.