Primary schools teaching lies

Yes they heiroglyphics were used prolifically in tombs and indeed elsewhere, they were used to depict many aspects certainly all the important ones of egyptian life; and of course much about which ever person that was enclosed in that tomb.

Very few heiroglyphcs have been found in pyramids and none anywhere depicting a pharoeh being buried in a pyramid. Given that there so many aspects of egyptian life. graneries, bakeries and breweries atc and the processes taking place therein it is rather surprising that nowhere is there any depiction of the method and processes of pyramid building. Unless of course they did not build them.

I was asking why we teach children in schools the lie that the pyramids were tombs when they were not.

That said. The questions about the building of the pyramids are numerous and although not related to my original question I'll mention some of them.

The challenges of how they cut the stones with copper tools at all is one issue and how they were able to both move and assemble the stones within fine tolerances that we do meet in modern buildings is another. That they are built on a north south line using the then true north which we believe they could not have known with an accuracy of 1/10 of a degree raises more questions.

More interestingly we come down to mathematics, not the maths of the dimensions which are interesting in their own right as are their potential origins but the mathematics of the rate the pyramids were erected.

In the time frames claimed for the building of a pyramid within the lifetime of any given pharaoh the best estimates calculate the rate of actual stone laying to be one every two minutes during a 10 hour working day.

Whilst they are undoubtedly a wonder of the world I would not care to speculate who built them, how they built them or indeed why. There is wealth of such speculations a simple internet search will provide.

No answer to my original question has been found as yet.

Why do we teach school children lies and 1/2 truths?

By which I do not only refer to the nonesense that pyramids were used as tombs. An internet search will reveal that there are many other things that we teach children as being accepted facts some of which are not and some of which are in dispute.

You keep repeating that they weren't used as tombs. Finding the mummified remains of Pharaohs in them would seem to suggest that you're wrong.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 20:51 ----------

Also you might want to look up quartz hydration dating - which is applicable to sandstone carvings although I don't know if it has ever been used inside a pyramid as of yet it's a fairly new technique.

Interesting stuff. Quartz only though? Not sandstone?

Yes they heiroglyphics were used prolifically in tombs and indeed elsewhere, they were used to depict many aspects certainly all the important ones of egyptian life; and of course much about which ever person that was enclosed in that tomb.

Very few heiroglyphcs have been found in pyramids and none anywhere depicting a pharoeh being buried in a pyramid.

You wouldn't expect that though if you understood how hieroglyphs were actually used - it's not as a comic strip you know. The character set is partly logographic, part phonographic and ideographic.

The British Museum and the Louvre are full of mummies and sarcophagii that used to be in the various pyramids...

Some of them were empty, like the Great pyramid of Khufu, but that's more due to the plunder in the intervening few thousand years. They were set up for burial and had extra chambers built for burial deeper inside, in case the recipient died during the construction phase

If the tombs are empty maybe they got it right and those individuals did indeed pass over to the next world lock stock barrel?:)

You keep repeating that they weren't used as tombs. Finding the mummified remains of Pharaohs in them would seem to suggest that you're wrong.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 20:51 ----------

Interesting stuff. Quartz only though? Not sandstone?

Sandstone usually contains vast amounts of quartz - there are a few very rare ones that are feldspar based but I think you'd find lots of quartz in almost any sandstone you looked at simply because quartz is so abundant and so durable.

Whoever built the Egyptian pyramids were also global travelers on a grand scale. They even built a pyramid in Las Vegas, Nevada which is known today as the Luxor.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 20:01 ----------

All of them???

Just about all and also the first tunnels for the new London Underground Railway system back in the 1850s

Whoever built the Egyptian pyramids were also global travelers on a grand scale. They even built a pyramid in Las Vegas, Nevada which is known today as the Luxor.

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 20:01 ----------

Just about all and also the first tunnels for the new London Underground Railway system back in the 1850s

There is even one in Stockport.

Which is quite similar to Las Vegas (in certain lights)

The pyramids were used to refine oil for alien spaceships. I know this because I read it in a book.

Are you the mousse's head from fawlty towers?

That pharoes were buried in pyramids has long been established to be at best a myth and you'd have some learning difficulties to believe otherwise in light of ther evidence.

So as the pyramids were not ever used as tombs, why then do schools perpetuate the myth?

There remains, as we all know, much speculation about their actual purpose.

It has also been alleged that the egyptians could not have built the pyramids and there is much evidence to back that up.

It has also been shown that they did not create the sphynx which pre-dates the so called egyptian 'pyramid building' culture by about 8000 yrs having been carved in approximately 10,500BC.

Why are our schools teaching lies as facts?

We have a contender for the Truthlogic Memorial Prize for the most barmy conspiracy theory of the year.

That pharoes were buried in pyramids has long been established to be at best a myth and you'd have some learning difficulties to believe otherwise in light of ther evidence.

So as the pyramids were not ever used as tombs, why then do schools perpetuate the myth?

There remains, as we all know, much speculation about their actual purpose.

It has also been alleged that the egyptians could not have built the pyramids and there is much evidence to back that up.

It has also been shown that they did not create the sphynx which pre-dates the so called egyptian 'pyramid building' culture by about 8000 yrs having been carved in approximately 10,500BC.

Why are our schools teaching lies as facts?

your quote::: Why are our schools teaching lies as facts?

GOD created man? are you also disputing this.

Sandstone usually contains vast amounts of quartz - there are a few very rare ones that are feldspar based but I think you'd find lots of quartz in almost any sandstone you looked at simply because quartz is so abundant and so durable.

Cool, so that would give you the age of the blocks at least from reading about it. Given the size of the error it's unlikely to be able to distinguish the age of the carvings from the blocks unless they were separated by at least hundreds of years.

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 08:13 ----------

They don't teach that in schools. :confused:

Does any God actually exist, have you any proof?

I'm more concerned about the terrorist and foreign teachings in Maths. Arabic numbers? What's wrong with good old British numbers? And whats this Al Gebra business?