Primary schools teaching lies

Sometimes you can date the substrate, would be a better statement. The substrate could be sandstone (as is the case in wall carvings inside a pyramid) and that cannot be dated (to identify the date it was carved).

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 11:47 ----------

You said "You can't carbon date a hieroglyphic"

Nothing about the wall.

I directly quoted this though.

"The walls of the tombs are covered in"

I could have been more clear, but I think the context was there.

Sometimes you can date the substrate, would be a better statement. The substrate could be sandstone (as is the case in wall carvings inside a pyramid) and that cannot be dated (to identify the date it was carved).

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 11:47 ----------

I directly quoted this though.

"The walls of the tombs are covered in"

I could have been more clear, but I think the context was there.

Anna stated that the walls of the tombs were covered with dated hieroglyphs

You are aware that many of the tomb walls are covered in bas releif pottery... and painted substrates... Most are in colour - datable pigments - the people who had these tombs wouldnt settle for cheapo simple carvings into sandstone...

Also you might want to look up quartz hydration dating - which is applicable to sandstone carvings although I don't know if it has ever been used inside a pyramid as of yet it's a fairly new technique.

Edited by Obelix

I know very little admittedly about the pyramids, so a simple question.

If they were tombs then presumably there will be remains found within them. If no remains are found then presumably not tombs?

Like the canals in England.

Built by the Irish.

All of them???

All of them???

Yes,and the pyramids.

If they were tombs then presumably there will be remains found within them. If no remains are found then presumably not tombs?

Remains have been found in many of them (I don't know if it's all).

Errr... (I know I'm going to regret this..) What 'facts' would they be?

The walls of the tombs are covered in (carbon dated) heiroglyphics telling the history of the Kings interred therein.

Also, remains of the building methods still exist in situ, and tools etc are in the Cairo Museum.

Yes they heiroglyphics were used prolifically in tombs and indeed elsewhere, they were used to depict many aspects certainly all the important ones of egyptian life; and of course much about which ever person that was enclosed in that tomb.

Very few heiroglyphcs have been found in pyramids and none anywhere depicting a pharoeh being buried in a pyramid. Given that there so many aspects of egyptian life. graneries, bakeries and breweries atc and the processes taking place therein it is rather surprising that nowhere is there any depiction of the method and processes of pyramid building. Unless of course they did not build them.

I was asking why we teach children in schools the lie that the pyramids were tombs when they were not.

That said. The questions about the building of the pyramids are numerous and although not related to my original question I'll mention some of them.

The challenges of how they cut the stones with copper tools at all is one issue and how they were able to both move and assemble the stones within fine tolerances that we do meet in modern buildings is another. That they are built on a north south line using the then true north which we believe they could not have known with an accuracy of 1/10 of a degree raises more questions.

More interestingly we come down to mathematics, not the maths of the dimensions which are interesting in their own right as are their potential origins but the mathematics of the rate the pyramids were erected.

In the time frames claimed for the building of a pyramid within the lifetime of any given pharaoh the best estimates calculate the rate of actual stone laying to be one every two minutes during a 10 hour working day.

Whilst they are undoubtedly a wonder of the world I would not care to speculate who built them, how they built them or indeed why. There is wealth of such speculations a simple internet search will provide.

No answer to my original question has been found as yet.

Why do we teach school children lies and 1/2 truths?

By which I do not only refer to the nonesense that pyramids were used as tombs. An internet search will reveal that there are many other things that we teach children as being accepted facts some of which are not and some of which are in dispute.

Well someone must have built them. as they are there! If they are in Egypt, one would presume Egyptians built them. Makes sense to me anyway.

No they don't.

The Pyramids were never built and do not exist and won't exist until Apple invent one sometime in the future.

An internet search will reveal that there are many other things that we teach children as being accepted facts some of which are not and some of which are in dispute.

An internet search will reveal many things, most of which are complete crap and made up. The problem is when people believe them as fact.

Again, please provide some links to available textbooks.

You can't date carved sandstone (well, you can, but it's going to tell you that the sandstone is hundreds of thousands of years old). You can't date when some carving occurred, or when it was quarried.

There's lots of things you can date, but the age of a carving in rock is not one of them.

Dating papyrus would be carbon dated, dating pottery would be harder, perhaps you could do it using pollen grains captured in it. More likely it would be based on style or technology, and so isn't an accurate technological way to date.

Tommy Mulcrome carved I love Janet in a cave at Creswell Crags it would have been around 1960 ish ,

Tommy's heart and Arrow carving is now locked in behind a steel fence that covers the cave entrance.

Tourists from all over the World now visit the cave and there is no clue as to when big Tom carved his message although! the birth of little Rodney in March 1961 could shed some light on the matter.

No they don't.

The Pyramids were never built and do not exist and won't exist until Apple invent one sometime in the future.

How did you find out about iMids ?

The British Museum and the Louvre are full of mummies and sarcophagii that used to be in the various pyramids...

Some of them were empty, like the Great pyramid of Khufu, but that's more due to the plunder in the intervening few thousand years. They were set up for burial and had extra chambers built for burial deeper inside, in case the recipient died during the construction phase