Mortgage problems/bad credit

im looking at buying my own home in the very near future, but my credit report is very poor due to been silly when younger. i am in the process of setting plans to pays these off but what is the chances of getting a mortgage sooner rather than late

thanks in advance

Mortgage criteria have been tightened-up in recent months. Focus on clearing historic debts and having a nice clear run for a few years would be a very positive thing. Have you had it confirmed that your credit rating is poor? If not, and you're guessing, you could try Noddle for free... it asks you a set of detailed questions so it can find you then it presents you with a free report, which includes a score out of 5 and lots of other interesting details. They do not spam you with advertising etc. so it's a pretty good site. I registered myself and found the output quite useful.

im looking at buying my own home in the very near future, but my credit report is very poor due to been silly when younger. i am in the process of setting plans to pays these off but what is the chances of getting a mortgage sooner rather than late

thanks in advance

You're best off speaking to an advisor, a lot will depend on the kind of debt you have, the circumstances around your poor credit and also what kind of deposit you have for you potential house purchase.