Graves park fishing.

Has anyone fished the middle pond @ Graves park of late. Is it worth giving it a go?

It still contains some good(ish) carp and some nice perch. They are not easy to catch but my advice would be to float fish it with a fairly weight float so you can get out to the middle at this time of year. When you plumb the depth have just enough shot next to the hook to sink the float - don't use a plummet lead as it will sink into the bed of rotten leaves on the bottom of the pond and give you an entirely false idea of the depth.

Good baits are luncheon meat, bacon grill (99p from B & M) or sweetcorn. I have also seen them caught on bacon rind on a 10 or 12 hook.

Bites can be few and far between but as the fishing is free it is worth a try.

Good luck!!

I walked round the lake&ponds at graves park today&nobody was fishing. I know the boating lake was not allowed to be fished but the small pond above it was ok to fish. I wonder if anybody can tell me if there are fish in the pond above the boating lake?

its been afew years since last fished it but had a good days fishing a couple ov carp plenty silverfish and some good perch!!!

We used to fish the boating lake in the mid 1970's which you was not allowed to in those days & we used to bag up with a fish every cast as the fish had hardly ever seen a maggot ! We used to get their just as dawn was breaking as we had to go before the park keeper came round at 8am, happy days.

Yes we use to do the same. We used to use keepnets and tip all that we caught into the fishing pond

Yes we use to do the same. We used to use keepnets and tip all that we caught into the fishing pond

Nice one !

Hello

Has anybody fished it recently or this year even? I've had a good walk round and couldn't see any kind of life. Was thinking about going sometime soon but don't fancy wasting my time if the ponds empty. :suspect: