Peace is Impossible

I'm not talking about living in harmony within your own community. I'm talking about different species that have adapted to live in harmony with each other.

What about them sucker fish thingies that attach themselves to sharks. They get a free ride in exchange for keeping the shark clean by eating parasites that live on it... :huh:

Here we go, I've just found a link here

Edited by Mr Bloke

There is a lot to be learnt from ants and ducks!

I've watched ducks kill each other!!!!

What about them sucker fish thingies that attach themselves to sharks. They get a free ride in exchange for keeping the shark clean by eating parasites that live on it... :huh:

Pilot fish!

Pilot fish!

I don't know...

... they're called Remora in the link I've just posted. :)

Non bold:

How far back are you going?

Bold text:

That is their respective right, but the claimed reason by the perpetrators still stands.

I was told to "ask Lee Rigby's family", my response was relevant to that particular challenge from melthebell.

We can go back to the foundation of Islam if you would like. However, to keep things current we can take it back to (and including September 11 2001)

Star of Bethlehem orchid and the Morgan's Sphinx moth is a good example. The only insect capable of pollinating the orchid is the Sphinx moth.

There are many other relationships like this in nature, Mutualism I believe it's called?

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 19:58 ----------

Each other.......:help:

You are not giving an example of harmonious species, but rather an example of two species being harmonious in a certain circumstance. You could use humans and dogs as an example.

Both the orchid and the moth will be in competition with other living creatures. The orchid will not, after having enough sunlight to survive, move its leaves so that other plants can get the food they require. The orchid would steal all available resource to the detriment of competing flowers around it.

I don't know...

... they're called Remora in the link I've just posted. :)

Yes, the ones with the sucker like heads are called Remora. Pilot fish don't actually stick to the sharks, just congregate round them.

Of course, humans could be kidding themselves and we are actually creatures who have amassed deadly weapons over many many centuries and have used these devices to systematically kill each other like locusts instead of being savages like jackals and ripping each other apart with our bare hands and teeth.

I think there is something to be said about human psychology, nature v nurture, behaviourisms and influences!

If the state gives kids weapons, says the world is the enemy, puts people in churches, tells them there is some fabricated god that they must abide by, tells people to line up and give their lives for some hallow fabricated cause that have been perpetuated from generation to generation, no wonder the world is screwed!

I was told to "ask Lee Rigby's family", my response was relevant to that particular challenge from melthebell.

We can go back to the foundation of Islam if you would like. However, to keep things current we can take it back to (and including September 11 2001)

You are not giving an example of harmonious species, but rather an example of two species being harmonious in a certain circumstance. You could use humans and dogs as an example.

Both the orchid and the moth will be in competition with other living creatures. The orchid will not, after having enough sunlight to survive, move its leaves so that other plants can get the food they require. The orchid would steal all available resource to the detriment of competing flowers around it.

But the relationship between the moth and the orchid is unique and harmonious. They're not in competition with each other.

This is besides the point though. Humans are capable of living in harmony with each other. They're will always be bad apples though.

Each other.......:help:

We already compete with each other, and I was under the impression you didn't like the idea.

But the relationship between the moth and the orchid is unique and harmonious. They're not in competition with each other.

This is besides the point though. Humans are capable of living in harmony with each other. They're will always be bad apples though.

Do you think IS can live in harmony with other people? Are they misunderstood and just need a cuddle?

We already compete with each other, and I was under the impression you didn't like the idea.

Is competing with each other the same as killing each other?

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 20:21 ----------

Do you think IS can live in harmony with other people? Are they misunderstood and just need a cuddle?

No but I think that these kind of people only exist for a reason. They are created as a result of others actions.

Just because we haven't mastered the art of living in harmony, doesn't mean that advanced alien life forms haven't, which was the point I was making in the first place.

Agree, so do the Nazis, oh wait different period :hihi: