Peace is Impossible

Maybe things would progress slower without war, maybe they wouldn't. Maybe we would work better as a competitive collective, we'll never know.

competitive collective? If we are a collective who would we compete with.

I'm not talking about living in harmony within your own community. I'm talking about different species that have adapted to live in harmony with each other.

Which species would they be?

conspiracy theory bobbins is what i quoted, we have enemies, real breathing one, dangerous ones

as lee rigbys family the families of the hostages that were beheaded by IS, or the families of all those that died during 9/11 etc

saying they are fabricated is a slight on their loved ones

Well said!

Ants and Bees would appear to fit that description, but that's because each ant or bee knows its place in society and they don't aspire to improve their statues, drones will give their life for the good of their society.

I would disagree strongly. When ants stumble across another colonies nest all out war ensues, ending with the utter destruction of one of the colonies.

conspiracy theory bobbins is what i quoted, we have enemies, real breathing one, dangerous ones

as lee rigbys family the families of the hostages that were beheaded by IS, or the families of all those that died during 9/11 etc

Would you not say there is some truth to the claim that these people only became enemies once we started treating them as such? You tell someone that they are your enemy enough times and they will become it. It is called self-fulfilling prophecy.

Far far far less people have died on "our side" than on the Muslim's side. We started the killing and the atrocities committed in our name outrank those committed in the name of Allah many times over.

From what I have heard from Lee Rigby's family, they do not blame anyone other than the two people who killed him.

I agree with Boy Gorge:

War war is stupid & people are stupid

:hihi:

And to illustrate how stupid people are, boy George chained a rent boy to a radiator.

Errr, I think paranoia is one of the root causes of everything nowadays only amplified by the world wide web.

I think things will get worse as a species because the more information people know the more they will revolt.

In both world wars large portions of the world practically reinvented themselves into rational nations / states.

While the rest of the world has kept that paranoia and the media does not help with its vile propaganda machine!

Yes we may be more advanced technically in being able to create wonderful things, a shame our compassion for others has not quite progressed but even technology should be light years ahead nowadays if not for the resulting aftermath of the industrial revolution which instead of progressing at this speed it was stopped by the monitory system and having to make money on things instead of providing things for the hell of it without a regard for petty monitory regards!

The fact that charities exist anyway is a sign the world wants to be seen to try and fix things when in fact it's barely scratching the surface and I have never paid 1 penny to any foreign aid cause as we all know, what did Live Aid achieve except concerts and an Xmas song?

As I said to my G/F today ... it doesn't matter how many people you kill when you can't kill the idea. That's why we're immature as a race ... we try to kill the wrong things for starters.

Crikey, that is profound.

Would you not say there is some truth to the claim that these people only became enemies once we started treating them as such? You tell someone that they are your enemy enough times and they will become it. It is called self-fulfilling prophecy.

Far far far less people have died on "our side" than on the Muslim's side. We started the killing and the atrocities committed in our name outrank those committed in the name of Allah many times over.

From what I have heard from Lee Rigby's family, they do not blame anyone other than the two people who killed him.

Non bold:

How far back are you going?

Bold text:

That is their respective right, but the claimed reason by the perpetrators still stands.

I don't mean to put you on the spot, tell me I am going off topic if you like. But could you name any of them please? I am not trying to prove you wrong, but I don't know of any living creature that doesn't stockpile resources to the detriment of competitors. It would warm my cockles if there are such species as you suggest.

Star of Bethlehem orchid and the Morgan's Sphinx moth is a good example. The only insect capable of pollinating the orchid is the Sphinx moth.

There are many other relationships like this in nature, Mutualism I believe it's called?

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 19:58 ----------

competitive collective? If we are a collective who would we compete with?

Each other.......:help:

I would disagree strongly. When ants stumble across another colonies nest all out war ensues, ending with the utter destruction of one of the colonies.

Agreed, I was just talking about one society of ants and how they work together for the benefit of their own society.

Which species would they be?

See my previous post.

Agreed, I was just talking about one society of ants and how they work together for the benefit of their own society.

There is a lot to be learnt from ants and ducks!

By using the word "fabricated" bedders is unknowingly posing an interesting point. IS were fabricated. They were made by some people who thought al Qaeda were too limp wrist liberal and money from states, possibly our own, who gave them resources when they thought their aim was to topple Assad like the free Syrian army - many of whom they have butchered as well. To use the word fabricated suggested IS turned up at a meeting in Paris (I think?) with the rest of the anti Assad gang and they produced a power point presentation showing how and who they were going to behead and why. They have evolved through inadvertent ( probably anyway) foreign policy failures and misguided Saudi benefactors rather than a deliberate plan.

Governments get things wrong. What a shock.