Peace is Impossible

The vast majority of the species on the planet kill each other. Are we all immature or is this just part of life?

The vast majority of species on this planet are not as advanced as humans.

The vast majority of species on this planet are not as advanced as humans.

I agree, but that's not the question asked.

Maturity of a species is surely relative? Are we not the most mature species in the known existence?

I just have trouble with people (not just you btw) saying that violence is immature. I believe it is part of every walk of life and will never go away.

I agree, but that's not the question asked.

Maturity of a species is surely relative? Are we not the most mature species in the known existence?

I just have trouble with people (not just you btw) saying that violence is immature. I believe it is part of every walk of life and will never go away.

You might be right. It's certainly the case for our species and why would it be any different anywhere else, we don't know any different after all.

However, some species exist in perfect harmony, like certain plants and insects.

You might be right. It's certainly the case for our species and why would it be any different anywhere else, we don't know any different after all.

However, some species exist in perfect harmony, like certain plants and insects.

I don't mean to put you on the spot, tell me I am going off topic if you like. But could you name any of them please? I am not trying to prove you wrong, but I don't know of any living creature that doesn't stockpile resources to the detriment of competitors. It would warm my cockles if there are such species as you suggest.

If there is another race that is far more advanced than us, to the point that they've mastered travelling at high speeds through space, I doubt very much they've spent their existence blowing each other to bits! There's better, more productive things we could be doing as a race.

Wars accelerate technological development.

It's based on no evidence what so ever.

I just think that we are a very immature race at the moment. Killing each other is not a mature thing to do.

As I said to my G/F today ... it doesn't matter how many people you kill when you can't kill the idea. That's why we're immature as a race ... we try to kill the wrong things for starters.

It's based on no evidence what so ever.

I just think that we are a very immature race at the moment. Killing each other is not a mature thing to do.

But it might be a necessary part of human development, we can send rockets into space, but rockets were developed as weapons, without the need to build weapons we might not have sent men into space.

War, huh. What is it good for?

I agree with Boy Gorge:

War war is stupid & people are stupid

:hihi:

I understand it is against forum rules to attack the poster, as opposed to attacking the post.

face, bothered

Ants and Bees would appear to fit that description, but that's because each ant or bee knows its place in society and they don't aspire to improve their statues, drones will give their life for the good of their society.

Sorry melthebell, but whilst he does occasionally post some rubbish, this post is actualy quite well thought out.

Can you support your accusation of idiocy in response to;

"It seams that there is no end to war on terror so long as enemies are constantly fabricated and made up!"

I actually agree with him. As a society, we need enemies. Always have, always will.

Please explain your view on things.

conspiracy theory bobbins is what i quoted, we have enemies, real breathing one, dangerous ones

as lee rigbys family the families of the hostages that were beheaded by IS, or the families of all those that died during 9/11 etc

saying they are fabricated is a slight on their loved ones

But it might be a necessary part of human development, we can send rockets into space, but rockets were developed as weapons, without the need to build weapons we might not have sent men into space.

Maybe things would progress slower without war, maybe they wouldn't. Maybe we would work better as a competitive collective, we'll never know.

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 19:45 ----------

Ants and Bees would appear to fit that description, but that's because each ant or bee knows its place in society and they don't aspire to improve their statues, drones will give their life for the good of their society.

I'm not talking about living in harmony within your own community. I'm talking about different species that have adapted to live in harmony with each other.