Peace is Impossible

Will we ever live in a modern world of peace, unity and harmony or are we doomed to war forever.

It seams that there is no end to war on terror so long as enemies are constantly fabricated and made up!

There will always be wars stemmed from proxy, religion, politics, power, corruption, segregation, scarcity, elitism, selfishness, bitterness, greed, jealousy, ownership and the best of all, total and complete brainwashing at the most systematic and damaging levels that a revolution is even not enough to stop this putrid filth from killing our world.

If aliens were to come down to earth and saw the state we are in and where the world is failing at the most primal bedrock levels and for aliens to study humanity like humanity studies colonies of ants and seeing at first hand the damaging way we live not only to ourselves but to the environment, social and ecological state of affairs, we truly are F.U.B.A.R.ed

Sorry melthebell, but whilst he does occasionally post some rubbish, this post is actualy quite well thought out.

Can you support your accusation of idiocy in response to;

"It seams that there is no end to war on terror so long as enemies are constantly fabricated and made up!"

I actually agree with him. As a society, we need enemies. Always have, always will.

Please explain your view on things.

Aliens would probably eat us...alive.

Gimme gooks any day.

If there is another race that is far more advanced than us, to the point that they've mastered travelling at high speeds through space, I doubt very much they've spent their existence blowing each other to bits! There's better, more productive things we could be doing as a race.

War, huh. What is it good for?

Absolutely nawt love...

If there is another race that is far more advanced than us, to the point that they've mastered travelling at high speeds through space, I doubt very much they've spent their existence blowing each other to bits! There's better, more productive things we could be doing as a race.

But they might like meat and being so advanced they just may see Earth as a larder come abattoir...not to mention their craft could be the size of our planet with as many space traveler mouths to feed..all hungry for living flesh.

I'm contemplating a script as we type...

But they might like meat and being so advanced they just may see Earth as a larder come abattoir...not to mention their craft could be the size of our planet with as many space traveler mouths to feed..all hungry for living flesh.

I'm contemplating a script as we type...

I think it's been done!

What evidence is this doubt based on?

As far as I can see, every living organism is in competition with other members of it's species. The unique manifestation of this in our own species is surely a result of our advanced social structure?

I find it very difficult to believe a species can be successful without this competition.

With Victoria Posh-Beckham (another thread) recently being made U.N. Goodwill Ambassador, is it any wonder that people go to war? Jeez! ... did you see those shoes she was wearing at the opening of her new boutique ... makes you want to nuke her face off! :)

What evidence is this doubt based on?

As far as I can see, every living organism is in competition with other members of it's species. The unique manifestation of this in our own species is surely a result of our advanced social structure?

I find it very difficult to believe a species can be successful without this competition.

It's based on no evidence what so ever.

I just think that we are a very immature race at the moment. Killing each other is not a mature thing to do.

It's based on no evidence what so ever.

I just think that we are a very immature race at the moment. Killing each other is not a mature thing to do.

The vast majority of the species on the planet kill each other. Are we all immature or is this just part of life?