Women and children will die.

I am listening to the religious program on radio Sheffield, They are discussing the latest war in the middle East and our now involvement in it.

The woman religious person on the programme has stated that women and children will die due to our bombing of certain terrorist areas.

My question is what about the innocent men who are confined to these areas, do they not count or are they of no significance .

Ah, another Walter Cronkite

I suppose the question is would more die if we didn't bomb them? Perhaps more importantly would more of us die?

if Isis didn't hide behind innocent men women and children, then they wouldn't be harmed in any bombing

Ah, another Walter Cronkite

Who! may I ask is this Cronkiite chap.

Rather than research him yourself you mean?

He was the main person responsible for changing public opinion in America during the Vietnam War.

"But it is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Cronkite

Public opinion is all that matters. It is probably the most dangerous weapon ever.

Edited by Mecky

Major anchorman for all the worlds woes.

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 11:26 ----------

You alluded to the op being another Cronkite?..at least justify it.

Edited by ronthenekred

Major anchorman for all the worlds woes.

---------- Post added 28-09-2014 at 11:26 ----------

You alluded to the op being another Cronkite?..at least justify it.

Do I really? Maybe you should read my original post again and stop jumping to conclusions

Do I really? Maybe you should read my original post again and stop jumping to conclusions

I did read it..at most it's ambiguous and at the least vague. You made no attempt at through quotation as to who or what you were aiming at, which leaves only the assumption it was the op...people can't read your mind..only what you type.

I did read it..at most it's ambiguous and at the least vague. You made no attempt at through quotation as to who or what you were aiming at, which leaves only the assumption it was the op...people can't read your mind..only what you type.

I can't know your assumptions on some things and this is one of them. On other occasion sI can make pretty strong assumptions over 95% of the time - Yes, I've spent well over 30 years working it out by studying people. Why have you spat your dummy out anyway?

He was the main person responsible for changing public opinion in America during the Vietnam War.

"But it is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could."

Public opinion is all that matters. It is probably the most dangerous weapon ever.

Sorry I asked .

I can't know your assumptions on some things and this is one of them. On other occasion sI can make pretty strong assumptions over 95% of the time - Yes, I've spent well over 30 years working it out by studying people. Why have you spat your dummy out anyway?

What conclusion can I or anyone give other than assumptions or guesswork when your post is vague and ambiguous?

Dummy out? Is that code for.."don't question me?"