Little girls naked at Peace Garden

We were having a sandwich at the peace gardens yesterday, it was lunch time so was quite busy. Lots of students and as usual a couple of dodgy looking guys watching people.

I couldn't believe it when a couple of little girls aged around 3-4 started running around the fountain, one in her pants and the other naked.

Is this OK? I don't understand how people can let their young daughters run about in public with no clothes on. It's not even a beach! I mentioned it to the 'city centre ambassador', who told me they have spoken to the mum and suggested she dressed her kids, but she just ignored them and theres not a lot they can do.

I've been told in the past that the Peace Gardens is a hang out for pedophiles, makes me feel sick just thinking about it, how can some mums be so ignorant, or is it just me being too cynical?

When my uncle ran naked through there they didn't even give him the option of re-clothing they just handcuffed him and took him away. Mind you he was 41 and screaming something about serpents stealing his mail.

I've seen kids before running through the fountains in their underwear. I know kids will be kids but at the same time Peace Gardens is home to a few dodgy characters, I got propositioned myself onetime by a young lady who was obviously on drugs. 3 or 4 year olds running about in their underwear, it might make some people uncomfortable but at that age its at the discretion of their parents. Young children should be worried more about enjoying their childhood than about unsavoury characters.

We were having a sandwich at the peace gardens yesterday, it was lunch time so was quite busy. Lots of students and as usual a couple of dodgy looking guys watching people.

I couldn't believe it when a couple of little girls aged around 3-4 started running around the fountain, one in her pants and the other naked.

Is this OK? I don't understand how people can let their young daughters run about in public with no clothes on. It's not even a beach! I mentioned it to the 'city centre ambassador', who told me they have spoken to the mum and suggested she dressed her kids, but she just ignored them and theres not a lot they can do.

I've been told in the past that the Peace Gardens is a hang out for pedophiles, makes me feel sick just thinking about it, how can some mums be so ignorant, or is it just me being too cynical?

Have we really got to this stage, they are little kids and good on the mom for standing up to politically correct idiots. Yes there may be paedophiles in society but people watching little kids play is not a sign you are one, this kind of nonsense is total bull

There are paedophiles every where, they too can pay to go to the swimming baths and spend time on the beach in summer. Not all paedophiles look dodgy and not all 'dodgy' looking people are paedophiles. I wouldn't particularly let my children play there but I have no issues with those that do as long as they know where there little ones are at all times, but that should be the case where ever you go.

There are paedophiles every where, they too can pay to go to the swimming baths and spend time on the beach in summer. Not all paedophiles look dodgy and not all 'dodgy' looking people are paedophiles. I wouldn't particularly let my children play there but I have no issues with those that do as long as they know where there little ones are at all times, but that should be the case where ever you go.

Where not actually talking about wether they should play in the peace garden fountains or not its about if they should play naked.

As a child myself brought up in the 60s times were more innocent and we did play naked in the garden or on the beach at 3 years old but times have changed and its become less acceptable today.

I myself think todays society is far more dangerous than when i was a nipper and I would feel uneasy just talking to a child these days incase I was accused of being a paedo.

If you ask my opinion and it is only an opinion I would say bikini is fine but not naked, its a shame that this freedom is no longer safe.

Edited by Cycleracer

I have a daughter an 2 sons my youngest son been 4 an I never let them play naked times have changed so much compared to when I was younger ... some people will allow there xhildren to play naked still an that worries me cause these days never know whos around .

...as opposed to "the old days" when paedophilia didn't exist, having been invented by zebediah entwistle in December 1996.

...as opposed to "the old days" when paedophilia didn't exist, having been invented by zebediah entwistle in December 1996.

Did you see that paedophile disguised as a school?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

So .. their being naked increases their risk of harm/abduction?

What's wrong with children enjoying themselves? You can't let other people's opinions rule your life. Look at any old photos at a pond,river or lake and you can see naked children swimming, it's a natural thing to do,If the Peace Gardens is a hangout for perverts, turf them out and leave the kids alone.

So .. their being naked increases their risk of harm/abduction?

Yes, because

It's not even a beach!

It being OK on a beach, paedophiles being proven to be allergic to sand. Or something.

It's been a heaven for paedos since they revamped St Paul's Gardens