Gaunts butchers eckington closed

Does anyone know if another butcher has taken over Gaunts butchers shop Eckington. I,ve seen the shopfitters but there,s no notice saying when the shop will open etc. I do hope it will be a butchers shop as I really loved buying my meat from there every month. It was better and cheaper than supermarkets and great quality and taste. Thanks.

Thanks for that. Look forward to going there. Agree it needed a facelift and new owner does right to get it done befre opening.

Soon be open again. Underwoods.

Oh dear, Underwoods, how sad, time to look elsewhere for an independent butchers then? If the Underwoods at Dronfield Woodhouse is anything to go by, best given a miss in my opinion.

What's wrong with Underwoods? I've used their Dronfield shop a few times and can't budge in their Rotherham Shop, it's so popular. Half the price of supermarkets and twice the quality, what's not to like??

My mate went in and said he was pleased to see that they'd kept on the 2 staff that worked for Gaunts?? Obviously the rumour mill trying to tarnish a good name!

Oh dear, Underwoods, how sad, time to look elsewhere for an independent butchers then? If the Underwoods at Dronfield Woodhouse is anything to go by, best given a miss in my opinion.

Care to elaborate?

What's wrong with Underwoods? I've used their Dronfield shop a few times and can't budge in their Rotherham Shop, it's so popular. Half the price of supermarkets and twice the quality, what's not to like??

Totally agree with you Redv - we're just around the corner from the DW butchers and it's absolutely fantastic. Not only the prices, but the meat is exceptional. We've had all sorts from Underwoods and have never been disappointed.

whereabouts in Rotherham is this shop?

Is it Gaunts who have done sausages at local beer festivals like Chesterfield and Barrow Hill? (Andy C - please advise?) Their real ale sausages were very popular.

Rawmarsh Road, 2 minutes from Parkgate and 100 yards from Bailey House, the NHS walk in centre. They have parking too, helps make sure you fill your boot up!

---------- Post added 07-11-2014 at 12:40 ----------

Is it Gaunts who have done sausages at local beer festivals like Chesterfield and Barrow Hill? (Andy C - please advise?) Their real ale sausages were very popular.

Not sure but Underwoods do a great range of award winning sausages. I was sceptical of the validity of the awards, but I did some digging and they actually won British sausage of the year for their pork and chorizo sausage.

I'm sold on these guys, but do have friends who work there so am slightly biased...