Extreme sentencing

Yes that's exactly what I mean, victims who only come forward years and years later when it's in the media, when money can be made, they make a mockery of the whole thing!!

Sexual assault is horrific, should not be sensationalised and the perpetrators should be dealt with in an extremely harsh manner, but hundreds of women coming forward to make a few quid will make genuine victims feel they can't report such atrocities for fear of being made to feel the same.

Do you seriously think these 'victims' have suffered so terribly that they only decided to mention it decades later.....suspicious don't you think!!

Have you any evidence that this victim of the sexual assault in question wants to claim any money?

Yes that's exactly what I mean, victims who only come forward years and years later when it's in the media, when money can be made, they make a mockery of the whole thing!!

Sexual assault is horrific, should not be sensationalised and the perpetrators should be dealt with in an extremely harsh manner, but hundreds of women coming forward to make a few quid will make genuine victims feel they can't report such atrocities for fear of being made to feel the same.

Do you seriously think these 'victims' have suffered so terribly that they only decided to mention it decades later.....suspicious don't you think!!

Without being in the media this woman would have been laughed out of court and intimidated not to complain. Where's the justice in that?

Without being in the media this woman would have been laughed out of court and intimidated not to complain. Where's the justice in that?

Exactly why she should have reported it and dealt with it when it happened when evidence may have been available, not umpteen years later.

Exactly why she should have reported it and dealt with it when it happened when evidence may have been available, not umpteen years later.

So the victim of this sexual assault, who by the way is on record as saying they do not want any compensation, isn't she allowed to make an error of judgement in regards to reporting the crime, and put this error right?

Maybe when she heard the other cases against DLT, she changed her mind about his assault on her, from being a one off, to it being the actions of a serial sex offender?

As did all of the 'victims' of Jimmy Tarbuck, Mike Osman, Jim Davidson, John Leslie etc!!!! It's just too little too late, and the problem is even though many have been released without charge they will always be tainted.

I am not saying he shouldnt admit it. I just cannot understand the need for the long trial and all this effort. I'm not in anyway defending his actions. However in my opinion the punishment should fit the crime. For example for murder we have a long trial detailed evidence and severe punishment, same with rapists. However one grope years ago where it should have been reported at the time should get less of attention.

Why did she not report it at the time?

Because at the time nothing would have been done.

You have seen the news? Multiple people reported Jimmy Saville and it was ignored.

Why should she not get justice now, and why is it her fault that he denies it and it needs a trial?

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 21:52 ----------

I'm female and sexual assault is one of the scariest things for a female, but I'm completely agreeing with you in this instance - she should have reported it at the time, after giving him a damn hard slap and then it should have been dealt with proportionately.

Which is to say she would probably have been fired and nothing else done.

Let's face it she was probably some sort of groupie throwing herself at him and then she finally got some attention which funnily enough wasn't a problem until years later when she realised she could get some compensation money.

And I suppose all the children JS abused had it coming as well.

The problem I have with these sort of situations is that it makes it so much harder for victims of rape, sexual assault etc to come forward because the people are so sick of hearing all of these women who are just jumping on the compo band wagon that they then don't know who to take seriously.

So the victims of assault shouldn't come forward, because somehow it makes it harder for victims of assault to come forward? :huh:

Look at it this way - you got into a fight in 1975 and someone presumably frightened you and traumatised you for life - do you then report it in 2014 and go in for the compensation???? No, you just get on with it because the time has passed and nobody can prove anything - it's exactly the same thing here, and if the suspect was any Tom, Dick or Harry then absolutely nothing would be done.

These women give us all a bad name!

You're giving women a bad name, fortunately I try not to stereotype like that, so really you're only giving yourself a bad name.

Because at the time nothing would have been done.

You have seen the news? Multiple people reported Jimmy Saville and it was ignored.

Why should she not get justice now, and why is it her fault that he denies it and it needs a trial?

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 21:52 ----------

Which is to say she would probably have been fired and nothing else done.

And I suppose all the children JS abused had it coming as well.

So the victims of assault shouldn't come forward, because somehow it makes it harder for victims of assault to come forward? :huh:

You're giving women a bad name, fortunately I try not to stereotype like that, so really you're only giving yourself a bad name.

I'm certainly not giving myself a bad name - if anything like this ever happened to me/my mother/my niece etc the person responsible would not live to attend court!!! British prisons are far too soft for anyone guilty of a sexual attack, and I know for a fact my boyfriend, brother and dad would rather ensure the bloke got exactly what he deserved!!!

You're just digging it deeper.

if anything like this ever happened to me/my mother/my niece etc the person responsible would not live to attend court!!!

Some peole think a 15 second grope is so minimal to be a waste of time taking it to court, and you think it justifies murder.

We're attracting two polar opposites on this subject, certainly.

Come on get real it was a 15 second fumble and we had a huge trial . She should have stopped complaining and just given him a slap rather than do nothing for years and only go to court so she can milk some compensation.

If you must troll, you might want to be a bit less obvious about it and pick a more tasteful subject. Better yet, get yourself a hobby.

Some peole think a 15 second grope is so minimal to be a waste of time taking it to court, and you think it justifies murder.

We're attracting two polar opposites on this subject, certainly.

I never said sexual assault doesn't justify court, it absolutely does - I don't agree with anyone jumping on a band wagon when it is quite obviously a money making outfit where the suspect has really got absolutely no way of proving his innocence due to the alleged incident happening decades ago.

When anything of this nature occurs it should be reported immediately and then the suspect can be dealt with accordingly......decades later just isn't justified!

I never said sexual assault doesn't justify court, it absolutely does - I don't agree with anyone jumping on a band wagon when it is quite obviously a money making outfit where the suspect has really got absolutely no way of proving his innocence due to the alleged incident happening decades ago.

When anything of this nature occurs it should be reported immediately and then the suspect can be dealt with accordingly......decades later just isn't justified!

If you think by being abused, the solution to run to the authorities is as simple as that, then you obviously have no idea of how abuse manifests itself through manipulation and fear..or both.

You talk about victims being guilty of "claim culture" as a reward. What about the predator and his/her initial reward..sexual gratification with a minor? Whatever the claim it doesn't detract from the initial abuse by an adult on a child, regardless of how complicit the child is. Complicity isn't a go free card for the perp.

......decades later just isn't justified!

Yes it is if it comes to light decades later.

Edited by ronthenekred