No shame in losing to that lot..

Last season in the Premier League:

Man City 7-0 Norwich

Man City 6-0 Tottenham

Man City 6-3 Arsenal

So there you have it. We're as good as Norwich, about as good as Spurs, and almost as good as Arsenal.

:thumbsup:

You've still got the League which you're doing well in and FA Cup. Might sound daft but I bet some Man City, Man Utd, Chels etc fans would welcome the old days back

Talking to a city fan who said he would go back to the Franny Lee.summerbee.etc era in a heartbeat.even refuses to buy a season ticket anymore because its lining the pockets of the mega rich superstars.and I can see his point.

Talking to a city fan who said he would go back to the Franny Lee.summerbee.etc era in a heartbeat.even refuses to buy a season ticket anymore because its lining the pockets of the mega rich superstars.and I can see his point.

Not a chance!! Away days in Munich, Barcelona, Dortmund wouldnt change it for the world, and I've had a season ticket at city for over 25 years

Guest sibon
Not a chance!! Away days in Munich, Barcelona, Dortmund wouldnt change it for the world, and I've had a season ticket at city for over 25 years

I'm with you on that one. I was there last night. The last time I'd seen City away was at Maine Road, in the 1990s (we won, by the way:P).

The contrast is startling, on and off the pitch. I quite liked Maine Road, but the Etihad is miles better. More comfortable, better view, better catering and a simply stunning playing surface.

On the pitch, your players were playing a different game. I lost count of the number of times that I thought "where did he come from?" as you mounted yet another attack.

I can't see why anyone would want to go back to mediocrity, when they have excellence. I had a great night last night and I hope to get back before too long, watching a Wednesday side with at least some of the firepower necessary to make it a proper game.

Players worth more than our club, then no idea how many times they are worth more than League One Sheffield United.

Do you mean that team that beat Fulham,Aston villa,and West Ham?

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 15:25 ----------

Listen if it was not for the wood work it could have been TEN.A right showing up for South Yorkshire Foootball.

Thats all well and good for city,and obviously thats your main concern,but this money no object is ruining the game for 90% of the other clubs.Should there be a cap on the wages,should you only be allowed to play 4/5 non british players [i read somewhere only one of your many goals last season came from a british player] i would love success for wednesday,but we [and many others]will proberly never be able to compete with the likes of city.

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 15:35 ----------

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 15:25 ----------

Listen if it was not for the wood work it could have been TEN.A right showing up for South Yorkshire Foootball.

Thank god it was south yorkshires top club playing city then:)

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 15:35 ----------

Thank god it was south yorkshires top club playing city then:)

As much as I hate to burst your balloon, I think you'll find that the last time Sheffield's finest played Man City in a cup game, we won. :hihi:

Football is such a global game now it's pointless trying to restrict how many players from different nationalities play in a side. Or would you like to back to the days of players all coming from the city the team is in? We've had many decent English players over the last few years but only two have really made the grade (Hart and Milner) FFP has stopped teams like Wednesday ever having the dream of being taken over and millions pumped into the club.

As much as I hate to burst your balloon, I think you'll find that the last time Sheffield's finest played Man City in a cup game, we won. :hihi:

Just out of interest [and i honestly dont know] when was that.:)

Good news is, my grandson who usually comes with me to Bramall Lane has gone with his other Granddad tonight ?

That poor kid he must be shell shocked after last night.

Just out of interest [and i honestly dont know] when was that.:)

A few years ago that! I was at that game!

Theres a team in the premiership called DIARRHEA ?

After last night there is one in the Championship.