No shame in losing to that lot..

As a Blade I would love to enjoy this situation and have a go, but in truth it just shows the way football has gone.

Those who have the money will come out on top, it's no longer about the glory, it's about the money.

It's no longer a sporting contest between equals, it's a corporate contest between franchises.

Not much difference between it and Walmart V the corner shop.

Try to compete and you go bankrupt, as Wednesday and Leeds came very close to.

It's come to something when a Blade can't even enjoy a laugh at the 'Massives' expense.

As a Blade I would love to enjoy this situation and have a go, but in truth it just shows the way football has gone.

Those who have the money will come out on top, it's no longer about the glory, it's about the money.

It's no longer a sporting contest between equals, it's a corporate contest between franchises.

It's come to something when a Blade can't even enjoy a laugh at the 'Massives' expense.

Im sure you could force yourself if you really try:)But yes I agree with what you say.

Wednesday lose 7-0 but they don't care because they can search a link out from years ago when United lost 6-0.

Jordan Robertsons only appearance in the first team that game by the way.

People in glass houses Trav.....We lost against men as apposed to United losing to kids!

We will move on to Cardiff on Saturday and get back on track, United will try to get something against Gillingham to attempt to overtake the footballing powers that are Fleetwood & Rochdale!

Nice post mjw :) Wish there was just a 'like' button on here!

To be honest I half wanted Wednesday to go through tonight it's always better in these competitions if the possibility of a derby is still there.

Let's be honest none of us are that bothered if we do go out in these early stages, trust Wednesday to bottle it again like last season.;):P.

Edited by trav4

Im sure you could force yourself if you really try:)But yes I agree with what you say.

Believe me I've tried, but it's not happening. The game has gone to the dogs.

Mind you, if we get past MK and knock out Citeh in the next round, I'll be back on here giving it large! :)

People in glass houses Trav.....We lost against men as apposed to United losing to kids!

We will move on to Cardiff on Saturday and get back on track, United will try to get something against Gillingham to attempt to overtake the footballing powers that are Fleetwood & Rochdale!

No glass houses or bitterness in this thread from any Blades I can see, quite the opposite.

Spot on there fella, i have said on here a few times, Sky and their multi billions pumped into English (?) football have ruined the game....

Had a quick look on the city site,they even say how brilliant they played second half and are saying we at least didn't give up,and we wernt out fought we were outclassed,which is fair enough.

So a guy goes in to a bar and says what was the Man City vs Wednesday result, a guy says 7-0 to City, the guy says who scored, the guy says everybody.

Should be a comfortable win against Cardiff, they don't look to have settled since relegation.

Good timing though tonight's hammering, 15 years ago this week since that defeat at Newcastle...

---------- Post added 24-09-2014 at 23:33 ----------

Spot on there fella, i have said on here a few times, Sky and their multi billions pumped into English (?) football have ruined the game....

To be fair though, both Sheffield clubs were in the top division in it's first season, so we had the chance to build up our clubs from a position of relative strength - unfortunately for various reasons, we both managed to have more time out of the PL than in it... and clubs we probably would've looked down on in 1992 (Wigan, Hull, etc) made a better fist of it, when the really big money came along...

I am not a football fan, but totally agree withe above post its the same in formula 1 ..:thumbsup: