North bound on the m1 over the viaduct

Anyone else blinded by the sun off the new galvanised central barrier on the m1 northbound? It is really bad at this time of evening, quite distracting!

Let's hope they don't put a Fluorescence Billboard up similar to the parkway, it'll be carnage...:hihi:

No I wasn't but I was blinded by the Sun itself

Read a different paper.

Anyone else blinded by the sun off the new galvanised central barrier on the m1 northbound? It is really bad at this time of evening, quite distracting!

No, but I did wonder what that was installed and not concrete? Weight maybe? Maneuverability?

My guess is weight limit on the viaduct, I wonder how many tons of concrete it would take and what stress it would put on the viaduct.

Am I right that by only having two lanes both ways open on the top deck of the viaduct is to limit the amount of vehicles on there at any one time ? Thus less weight.

I believe the barrier is metal to allow for the flexing of the viaduct as heavy vehicles pass over it.

It has more 'give' than concrete.

I thought it was a weight issue but never thought about the flex... not noticed the sun though.

I thought it was a weight issue but never thought about the flex... not noticed the sun though.

It's that big round yellow thing in the sky. If you look up now you might just catch it.

jb

No, but I did wonder what that was installed and not concrete? Weight maybe? Maneuverability?

Not long before white Transit pick ups are parked on hard shoulder trying to dismantle and weigh it in !