No 6 & No 38 buses

I heard a rumour today that the number 6 and the number 38 bus route are in danger of being abolished, can anyone enlighten me as to whether these rumours are true or false.

It appears that these routes are not making any money and that everyone who climbs aboard uses a pass of one description or another i.e. disabled or senior Citizen. I for one would become a prisoner in my own home if these buses are cancelled, from where I live I could possibly walk into Darnall but there is no way i could walk back again.

Any information would be appreciated not only by myself but every other bus user on Prince of Wales Road at the very least

I heard a rumour today that the number 6 and the number 38 bus route are in danger of being abolished, can anyone enlighten me as to whether these rumours are true or false.

It appears that these routes are not making any money and that everyone who climbs aboard uses a pass of one description or another i.e. disabled or senior Citizen. I for one would become a prisoner in my own home if these buses are cancelled, from where I live I could possibly walk into Darnall but there is no way i could walk back again.

Any information would be appreciated not only by myself but every other bus user on Prince of Wales Road at the very least

Nothing so far on TSY service changes page so could be rumours.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/servicechanges/

Well this mornings No 38 never turned up at 9am this morning on Manor Top, 3 people waiting for it.

There's always problems with these buses not turning up!

The routes are too long so they get stuck at the other side of town.

Well, it's not so bad news for the 38, although I might be stuck if I have to get to work early, and good news that the 6 seems unaffected.

These are the only buses that service the outer ring of Sheffield. And even that they do so in a really bad way.

When I get off a 38 bus near meadowhall rd. and easily, slowly, walk by the don river I see that same 38 drive by on Attercliffe common while I had just got of that bus 15 min earlier.

38 Goes ziggi zaggi like a snake this way and that way and it takes too long to really reach destinations with it.

I for one would become a prisoner in my own home if these buses are cancelled

Hyperbole is fun.

Thanks Andy C - it doesn't seem to bad as it is, unless you work early morning or late at night, Never let it be said that people got in the way of profit, there used to be 6/7 buses on this route 15 years ago maybe more now it's down to the 38.

Thanks Andy C - it doesn't seem to bad as it is, unless you work early morning or late at night, Never let it be said that people got in the way of profit, there used to be 6/7 buses on this route 15 years ago maybe more now it's down to the 38.

The 70/71 Prince of Wales Circular used to be a really busy bus, however a lot of the housing including tower blocks that provided patronage have since been demolished, Supertram has removed demand for buses up Park Grange Road and buses such as the 22, 25, 25A and 52 also cover little bits of the old route too on a frequent basis, so for the little bit left actually around Prince of Wales Road and Darnall not served by the above you have the 6 and 38 which I guess there isn't the custom to justify much above the current provision.

Don't forget the 71 used to service all the big firms on Shepcote Lane too.

Ah yes, many of which are gone, those remaining are served by the 74 or bridge across to Carbrook tram stop.