Ask the Next Question (part 17)

Real ale ! Bradfield Blonde or Jaipur are my faves.

Where has Sue been ?

New York, shopping with our daughter Nicky.

Have you ever seen a credit card with sparks flying off of it :suspect::hihi: :hihi:?

New York, shopping with our daughter Nicky.

Have you ever seen a credit card with sparks flying off of it :suspect::hihi: :hihi:?

Aw bless 'em - I bet they've had a fab time !

I would love to go to New York - it's on my bucket list .

Do you have a bucket list ?

I was working my way down it when this thing started.

Sue is there because one of our friends, a 70 year old lady has just got the all clear after fighting cancer, she had the op and all the following treatments and they were talking over a drink one day when Sue asked her if she was going to treat herself for doing so well.

She said "the only thing that I've ever longed to do is to go to New York but wouldn't have the nerve to do so".

The very next morning Sue phoned her and said " be ready in 30 minutes, were off for some brochures and then Nicky is booking New York for us on the internet"

And that's why they are there now.

You should do it while you can D.

I know. I can't really afford it but as a friends Dad always says - 'there are no pockets in shrouds' ! seize the day I guess !

Where in the world is your favourite place ?

We used to talk of retiring to Sorrento, we both love the area that surrounds it but the language barrier and the cost of living there is very prohibitive.

Sue loves the U.S.A. but I can take it or leave it ... I still think Sheffield takes some beating

S.Q.

Love Sheffield too - born and bred here but strayed just once............. to Bradford ! Stuck it for a year but came back like a homing pigeon !

You can take the girl out Sheffield but you can't take Sheffield out of the girl !

How many children do you have ?

3 too and 2 lost :(

What was your job before you retired ?

Commiserations, my eldest boy and his wife lost three before she finally conceived.

It must be one of the most horrid things to have to suffer.

All of us work in the family business (10 family members out of a staff of 24), recovering, repairing, maintaining, servicing and motor factors for Commercial Vehicles.

Are your family in nursing?

I was the first and our daughter has just qualified as a Staff Nurse despite all my discouragement when she told me she wanted to be a nurse.! She has done SO well and we are all very proud of her.

Are you a Grandad ? - sorry - you just told me you are !