Manchester Airport Hotels - any experience?

Thanks folks. I'm not going to book it just yet but I can look them all up and make a decision later. Good to know there are a few options available.

We also stayed at Radisson, it was a bit more expensive but well worth it. If you can afford it, go for a business class room and you get free access to the business club bar, free buffet / snacks and free alcoholic drinks

Anything more to add folks? We have booked two flights that go very early morning. I'm going to have another look at your suggestions and check out prices etc. One consideration is the ability to change the Hotel booking if our flight times change significantly.

Crown Plaza gets a vote from me. Excellent service and great room. It has several restaurants with good food and they also looked after our car while we were away on holiday and it was there waiting for us on our return. They also had a free minibus to take us to and from our terminal.

Bewleys Hotel everytime for us. We pay around £89 for 1 nights stay and 2 weeks parking. Regular shuttles or 2mins walk to the airport.

It's showing as £102 for two adults with eight nights parking, early to mid season. That is the cheapest price to book and pre pay on line, more expensive if you book by phone. No breakfast included either.

Like anything else online, prices can change daily (or even hourly), we must have just caught it at the right time. It also varies depending on how far in advance you book.

Like anything else online, prices can change daily (or even hourly), we must have just caught it at the right time. It also varies depending on how far in advance you book.

Their website does say it starts from £96 but I have tried several dates over tha last few months and can't get any cheaper, even with special offers on now. I'm booking four to five months in advance for one holiday and seven months in advance for another.

Most Hotels in that area are a similar price so perhaps they have gone up this year. Premier Inn is much cheaper but you can't cancel, thats no good if our flight gets changed. We need to book one where you can cancel.

Thanks for all your tips folks. Some of the offers end this month so I'm going to get something booked.

Their website does say it starts from £96 but I have tried several dates over tha last few months and can't get any cheaper, even with special offers on now. I'm booking four to five months in advance for one holiday and seven months in advance for another.

Most Hotels in that area are a similar price so perhaps they have gone up this year. Premier Inn is much cheaper but you can't cancel, thats no good if our flight gets changed. We need to book one where you can cancel.

Thanks for all your tips folks. Some of the offers end this month so I'm going to get something booked.

You usually have to pay a little more for a flexable booking that can be cancelled vs a non refundable booking.

I'm aware of that thanks, it states that on the booking screens. A significant number of the airport hotels don't allow cancellations or don't allow changes on any bookings combined with inclusive parking deals, some offer both options/prices.

Balkan changed every one of our flights in the last three years, early to mid and high season. We used to fly with Balkan twice a year. Last year they cancelled the flight at less than a months notice and offered unacceptable alternatives. We ended up changing airports and moving flight dates by two days, hence my reluctance to make a booking that doesn't allow changes. We have booked to travel with Thomas Cook this year. Fingers crossed any changes to flights will just be minor.

For convenience and flexibility I have booked the Radisson Blu. We can check our cases in at the airport the night before, the walkway link to Terminal one makes it less fuss than shuttles.