Digital water bottle

Oh forget it you seem to better than the doctors at the hospital. So he will set the alarm on his phone but oh hang on min his phone won't know how much he last had to drink so won't know how much he needs to drink. But as you know better than them we will bow to your wisdom.

Oh forget it you seem to better than the doctors at the hospital. So he will set the alarm on his phone but oh hang on min his phone won't know how much he last had to drink so won't know how much he needs to drink. But as you know better than them we will bow to your wisdom.

Don't let them get to you Mr Froger.

There are an increasing number of people on here who, although they cannot help with a poster's request for help, still can't resist posting anyway.

People who ask for help should not have to justify to anyone else why they need that help. :roll:

Sorry I'm just falling about laughing at the idea a water bottle can actually know when a person "needs" to drink, for a number of reasons.

Mainly, that the digital gubbins on the bottle isn't intelligent...

You do realise that, don't you?

It's only an alarm, set to go off at intervals, as a reminder. It isn't actually aware that the owner is thirsty, you know? (laughs hysterically)

It's doing nothing that the alarm on your alarm clock, or the alarm function on your mobile could not do.

I remember about 25 years ago, bring canvassed by market researchers working for a washing machine manufacturer who had "collaborated" with a laundry detergent manufacturer to make a "smart" machine that "knew" what the fabrics were, that you'd put in the machine; polyester, poly cotton, cotton etc. and it would (allegedly) draw the correct amount of liquid out of a specially designed bottle that fit in the back of the machine, and held the detergent.

The market researcher was amazed when I gave her my answers, sayin I was the only person canvassed who had given honest answers.

I said.. It's a totally ridiculous concept.

- The machine cannot know the fabrics loaded into it, except if you, the owner, dials up the programme to say "whites" "polyester" " mixed"...

It would be pre programmed to draw up x millilitres of detergent depending on what wash had been selected... Heavy soil, half load, etc...

It's just a gimmick to make customers buy that particular detergent, in that particular container.

There was also a design flaw in the machine, in that the bottle held about two litres, max of detergent.... And it was situated behind a door in the rear of the machine. Necessitating dragging the whole machine out from under the worktop, and turning it round, to fill or replace the container, which would be every week or two, depending on the size of your family and the amount of laundry you generated.

But, hey, back to the water bottle...

I'd say it'd be a dratted sight cheaper to be body aware, and work out when you felt thirsty, or set a regular alarm to prompt you to take a drink.

Still, the adage always runs true, about fools and their money.

Who the hell do you think you are? as a Forum Helper I'd of expected more from you! Someones come on here to ask a genuine question and you just feel the need to ridicule him for it. You have no idea, apart from what he has mentioned what he needs the bottle for. So why don't you think before you speak next time. If its something that's going to help someone with cancer, who are you to tell him its a load of crap! Have you suffered from cancer? How do you know this £10 to £20 item may just make their life a little bit easier to deal with?!?!? huh?? exactly YOU DON'T!

I can say "gimmick" I can say " gullible" too. I am also blessed with that least common of all the senses, common sense and can see when something is taking money for old rope.

Most ordinary water bottles come with markings on the side showing how many ml there are left, so it's easy, if you're told drink 50 ml every half hour to drink the relevant amount.

Most folk don't need their hand holding or their nappy changing to be able to do this.

A standard 500 ml pop bottle would hold 10 x those 50 ml servings... It's not rocket science to use that as a starting point, and mark the bottle into ten sub-divisions. A work colleague of mine was on dialysis, for renal failure, and on the days where he was not dialysing, was forbidden to drink more than 500 ml of fluids daily. So he would fill a pop bottle, and freeze it, and slowly drink the water as the ice melted, able to use the coldness to refresh himself, without ingesting too much water and overloading himself. ( he could drink freely, when attached to the dialysis machine)

Imagine if "forum helpers" could get their posts deleted due to "bickering"...

It would be better to just remove them from being a helper... or better still.. just get banned!

Thanks Mr Bloke. That would never happen no name. Mods and helpers can say what they like.

I have some digital water for sale.

It came from Apple so it was an i watering price.

Who the hell do you think you are? as a Forum Helper I'd of expected more from you! Someones come on here to ask a genuine question and you just feel the need to ridicule him for it. You have no idea, apart from what he has mentioned what he needs the bottle for. So why don't you think before you speak next time. If its something that's going to help someone with cancer, who are you to tell him its a load of crap! Have you suffered from cancer? How do you know this £10 to £20 item may just make their life a little bit easier to deal with?!?!? huh?? exactly YOU DON'T!

And how do you not see the concept of "one born every minute" and " they saw you coming!"

Companies like that write their own cheques, because people are either a captive market, Or can't simply work something out for themselves, like my point, above, about using common sense and the vastly more practical, and inexpensive solution of an alarm on a phone, and a subdivided pop bottle.

---------- Post added 22-09-2014 at 21:23 ----------

Imagine if "forum helpers" could get their posts deleted due to "bickering"...

Imagine if people used common sense...?

And how do you not see the concept of "one born every minute" and " they saw you coming!"

Companies like that write their own cheques, because people are either a captive market, Or can't simply work something out for themselves, like my point, above, about using common sense and the vastly more practical, and inexpensive solution of an alarm on a phone, and a subdivided pop bottle.

Nothing of what you have posted is of any help to the OP.

It is totally insensitive and inappropriate.

Time to stop digging I think! :roll:

I have some digital water for sale.

It came from Apple so it was an i watering price.

I'd rather pay through the nose for that 'diet' calorie-free water that's being offered for sale, manufactured by Gullible and Sons.

Don't let them get to you Mr Froger.

There are an increasing number of people on here who, although they cannot help with a poster's request for help, still can't resist posting anyway.

People who ask for help should not have to justify to anyone else why they need that help. :roll:

Where does it say "have to" ?

A response is done through choice not compulsion.

Please respond.