Card crafting dies and inks

i have one of these http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/machines/cameo

Cameo silhouette.

great little machine

I have one of these too. Expensive with keep having to buy blades & cutting mats. I doubt if a brand new one of each would even last to do a full set of wedding stationery. I've ordered some Zig glue to try and re-sticky my mats.

Probably best to stick with the manual die cutters. I have a big shot and a grand calibur and loads of dies. At least my right arm gets plenty of exercise whilst my left one could wither away! LOL

Pat - I swap cards with other ladies at Stampin Up meetings, to learn from each other. It can mean we make up to forty of the same design! I made over one hundred when I went to the annual convention last year. This made my hand and arm ache after spending all day at my keyboard /mouse. I got my eBosser to ease the strain rather than for the A4 format.

Hi Cheryl.......I don't make the same amount as you obviously do. I only do one offs so there is a difference on the equipment you need. If I really like the results, I would make perhaps a maximum of two of the same design (!) Speak soon.

Edited by raymond1947

My friend in Barnsley used to get me some crafting tape from there but they don't sell it now.

There are a lot of on line companies that sell cheap dies, I have just purchased some end of lines with 70% off and got some leading brand stamp and matching die sets for £4! These weren't from a third party so I know they were genuine. I have only been die cutting for three or four years but I have quite a lot already. If you use them, you can never have too many!

I might pop in there at some point to have a browse. I prefer to get my inks from Stampin' Up as they do matching card, patterned papers, ribbons, buttons etc in the same colours. Refill inks are available in small pots too.

I just noticed you are from Rotherham, whereabouts? I live in Laughton.

Hi chez what was the online company where you got those dies at 70% off please

Hi brownie25. I got them direct from Sizzix. It was end of range and discontinued items that were so heavily discounted. They were amazing value though. I did notice the sale items appearing on ebay so I think some people must have purchased large amounts with the intention to re sell. I only spent a modest amount, about £30 but got quite a lot for my money. All the items had been on my wish list.

Just to update - Zig glue is brilliant for restickying mats. I bought a pack of 4 different sized pens form C&C and used the broad jumbo tip on my mat. Also, I found out that Cricut 12x12 mats fit the silhouette cameo and are half the price (well you get 2 mats in one pack for the price of 1 silhouette mat).