Card crafting dies and inks

As there isn't much talk about card crafting I thought I would share details of a shop in Barnsley called Icon UK which sells papercraft materials, ink for printers very cheap and thousands of dies for cutting and embossing which are £7-£10 cheaper than create and craft on tv. Well worth a visit or they sell online too.

Do you shop there? There are lots of places to buy good value craft items from, most I know are on line.

C & C isn't always the cheapest. They were selling one machine for £200 and it was on sale at a high Street store for £150.

Hi. Yes I always go there for cutting dies as they stock all ranges and have loads of them. Much more than your average craft shop, in fact when you get in you don't know where to start as there are walls of them! They are the cheapest I have ever seen, and I have never had problems with their ink which is quite cheap. Happy crafting.

My friend in Barnsley used to get me some crafting tape from there but they don't sell it now.

There are a lot of on line companies that sell cheap dies, I have just purchased some end of lines with 70% off and got some leading brand stamp and matching die sets for £4! These weren't from a third party so I know they were genuine. I have only been die cutting for three or four years but I have quite a lot already. If you use them, you can never have too many!

I might pop in there at some point to have a browse. I prefer to get my inks from Stampin' Up as they do matching card, patterned papers, ribbons, buttons etc in the same colours. Refill inks are available in small pots too.

I just noticed you are from Rotherham, whereabouts? I live in Laughton.

Edited by Chez2
question...

Just around corner, Thurcroft! Just put a thread on swaps for some cd exchanges.

Don't think the shop will compete with the prices you are getting them from, the ones you get are really good value then.

Edited by raymond1947
more to say

Yes, just around the corner. Are you a Mr or Mrs Raymond? Its just unusual to meet a male crafter. I went to Stampin Up convention last year. There were around 400-500 people attending and there were some really good male demonstrators but they were in a minority. I don't know why men shy away from crafting. My hubby is really good. I sometimes run my ideas by him but he won't join me in crafting. He shows his mum tips and tricks with the bigshot to make flip cards etc. He even knows the names of the colours of my papers and inks etc. He buys me crafting pressies for birthday and xmas and always gets them spot on!

I'm having a craft clear out. I have put some items on Preloved, might put some on here or on ebay. I do have some CDs but I prefer to buy pre printed papers or stamp my own.

Its not always about the price with dies. Sometimes you have to pay the asking price if you REALLY NEED that die. I know you know what I mean. LOL!

Hi there. I am female (Pat). I registered my husband and myself separately with the forum but I could not get my activation sorted so after countless enquiries I decide just to use my husbands registration name as he will never use it. Your husband is a real asset isn't he! Mine takes me to all the craft venues and has a look around to see what's going off so he is good in that respect. Always interested in a bargain, let me know what you are selling...who knows!

Edited by raymond1947

Hi I just came across this thread as I am a SF user, not a crafter, but my Mum who is a card crafter has just come to live with me in Bradwell near Hope so I was browsing to see if there are any local craft clubs for her to join. She can't get around on her own as much as she used to but I am happy to take her to shows / events or craft supply shops.

I will keep a regular check to see what events are publicised on here.

What sort of craft supplies does she use? Does she use kits and just stick them together, does she stamp and ink? Does she dry or heat emboss? Does she have a die cutter or an electronic cutting machine?

The craft section is fairly quiet on here.

Hi Debk....check out the thread for the Ross papercraft show tomorrow 16 Nov. Your mum might enjoy browsing the stalls there. Hope you view this in time, but if not keep looking.

Hi Debk....check out the thread for the Ross papercraft show tomorrow 16 Nov. Your mum might enjoy browsing the stalls there. Hope you view this in time, but if not keep looking.

Thanks forthe info but I am in London this weekend, will keep checking this group now though.