Sheffield United: Do the club, fans and players really believe?

Guest sibon
You also worry too much about the Blades ;)

I hardly mentioned them in that post.

Maybe you are projecting your worry about the Blades onto me:)

I hardly mentioned them in that post.

Maybe you are projecting your worry about the Blades onto me:)

No pal, am very chilled about my team..

P.S Stocksbridge also produced Lee Mills ,an ex premiership player .

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

The defending yesterday from United was something I see week in week out reffing in the Sunday league, there is a lot of delusion from supporters without a shadow.

I think Uniteds squad is poor in all honesty.

you worry too much ;)

Translation - Your 100% correct but i'll put this on so I don't have to respond :hihi:

Edited by top4718

Fact is that both clubs lack the stability to make the push. Stability either comes from having enough money or from having owners that have a very clear plan for the club, both our teams lack this completely.

I had hope in Milan, but things like the community centre appearing and then disappearing again, lack of investment in the ground and training facilities and so on, I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, Milan is a great owner for us after years of Dave and co, but I would love a local investor to take up the challenge.

:):|:) Jon, you're the only blade on forum that is addressing the problems at S2.

You are asking questions about the current situation and future.

I myself get the impression the board etc and the fans are living in hope of getting

out of Lge 1.It wont happen , it is not going to happen .

Since being relegated from Championship IMO the Blades have been treading water,

so to speak.The whole stategy needs to be looked into.

There is talk Utd are a well run club, dont let people kid themselves.

There needs to be change at the top, complete clear out , fresh ideas .

With the current regime I can only see Utd struggling to achieve Championship football.

Utd being in the city of Sheffield ought to be aiming a lot higher.

I firmly believe it is far beyond the current regime.:):|:) Owl.

I think its time united fans took the red and white blinkers off and started to question what maccabe is doing to the club, yes they might have no debt and be financially stable but where it matters to the fans - on the pitch they are a shambles, the defence for the goals yesterday was laughable.

Not a chance of promotion this season your owner(s) are selling you down the river, act before its too late!!!

Hang on......should we really be blaming McCabe and his commitment for a truly awful display against Swindon??

How many players has Cloughie bought in closed season, and how many of these players are better than what we had last year.

OK, were gonna miss Harry and the beard. They were different class, but what about his other purchases?

McCabe and the board have allowed Cloughie to bring in nearly a full side, personally, I don't think any of them would have got in last seasons side!

I only go to home games so cant comment on away matches, but from the games I've seen so far, we've taken a huge step Backwards. All our victories have been by the odd goal, we don't look capable of putting anybody to the sword like a promotion favourite should do.

Fact is that both clubs lack the stability to make the push. Stability either comes from having enough money or from having owners that have a very clear plan for the club, both our teams lack this completely.

I had hope in Milan, but things like the community centre appearing and then disappearing again, lack of investment in the ground and training facilities and so on, I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, Milan is a great owner for us after years of Dave and co, but I would love a local investor to take up the challenge.

Yeah great idea re local investor !!!!!! Look where it got us last time

There doesn't seem to be any real intent to get out of league one nevermind getting to the Prem!!

You look at United's outlay and it's the ambition of a league one club.

I think McCabe is happy to be ticking over in league one with a low wage bill and 16-18k every home game whilst selling a player to keep things going.

It's a nice manageable little set-up that he's got.

As above by jonny5. Spot on mate!

There doesn't seem to be any real intent to get out of league one nevermind getting to the Prem!!

You look at United's outlay and it's the ambition of a league one club.

I think McCabe is happy to be ticking over in league one with a low wage bill and 16-18k every home game whilst selling a player to keep things going.

It's a nice manageable little set-up that he's got.

A lot of Blades are harping on about needing a center back,you've just sold one to Hull,thats not a team wanting to get to the Championship.

A lot of Blades are harping on about needing a center back,you've just sold one to Hull,thats not a team wanting to get to the Championship.
Erm....there is an insinuation here that I am Unitedite!!!

I have never been so insulted in all my life!

Take that back! Take that back RIGHT NOW :hihi: