Sainsbury's at Crystal Peaks

I have noticed the clock faces above the banks at the bus station have gone

About time as they were ruddy awful, maybe a new shiny digital one is in order

I also noticed that Sainsbury's have begun a refit so any news what's happening?

I went in today to do a massive shop, something I don't usually do and found various things unfinished and various isles either empty or work in progress, there is new self service check outs and apparently they are relocating the chemist / clothing departments as well as reorganising the fruit / veg section and have noticed new department / POS signs and the deli seems to have been re-tiled as well

Does anyone work there and can they give us a breakdown of what's really happening with it all?

I cannot fail to notice that when M & S opened in there it made Sainsbury's look very downrent and even the new Asda behind Drake House is far more cleaner and better organised plus Sainsbury's need to either improve their fixtures / fittings and get more appropriate lighting as when ever you go in it is too clinical and bright and makes the whole place feel too cold and spread out, Asda has it nailed with departments better segregated and layed out, maybe Sainsbury's are now worried, I also think Asda's freezer section is much better at Drake House and looks more classy as a posed to Sainsbury's door freezers that seem a bit dated nowadays

Edited by BEDROCK

Digital? ... are you nuts? Sainsbury's doing a refit ... you really need to get a life! If thats all you have to concern yourself about?

I know the area very well, but with posts like yours I'm glad I moved 250 miles south, last year, away from this nonsense. You have no vision of the future.

You should be more concerned what the big supermarkets are doing to your environment, independent butchers, grocers, bakeries closing down because of these big supermarkets.

Digital? ... are you nuts? Sainsbury's doing a refit ... you really need to get a life! If thats all you have to concern yourself about?

I know the area very well, but with posts like yours I'm glad I moved 250 miles south, last year, away from this nonsense. You have no vision of the future.

You should be more concerned what the big supermarkets are doing to your environment, independent butchers, grocers, bakeries closing down because of these big supermarkets.

Another one of these posts. Do not blame supermarkets for consumers choosing to shop at them. Blame consumers. You can blame governments and corporations for many things but small shops close because people choose to shop elsewhere, freely of their own volition. When tesco starts driving round in vans grabbing people of the street and dragging them into tesco, you can blame them. Independent shops that have people using them don't close.

Another one of these posts. Do not blame supermarkets for consumers choosing to shop at them. Blame consumers. You can blame governments and corporations for many things but small shops close because people choose to shop elsewhere, freely of their own volition. When tesco starts driving round in vans grabbing people of the street and dragging them into tesco, you can blame them. Independent shops that have people using them don't close.

tesco have a bus service 5 days a week to take people to their millhouses store, so not so much dragging them off the street but here is a free bus every hour :hihi:

I also went into a shop yesterday.

Exciting eh ?

I have noticed the clock faces above the banks at the bus station have gone

About time as they were ruddy awful, maybe a new shiny digital one is in order

I also noticed that Sainsbury's have begun a refit so any news what's happening?

I went in today to do a massive shop, something I don't usually do and found various things unfinished and various isles either empty or work in progress, there is new self service check outs and apparently they are relocating the chemist / clothing departments as well as reorganising the fruit / veg section and have noticed new department / POS signs and the deli seems to have been re-tiled as well

Does anyone work there and can they give us a breakdown of what's really happening with it all?

I cannot fail to notice that when M & S opened in there it made Sainsbury's look very downrent and even the new Asda behind Drake House is far more cleaner and better organised plus Sainsbury's need to either improve their fixtures / fittings and get more appropriate lighting as when ever you go in it is too clinical and bright and makes the whole place feel too cold and spread out, Asda has it nailed with departments better segregated and layed out, maybe Sainsbury's are now worried, I also think Asda's freezer section is much better at Drake House and looks more classy as a posed to Sainsbury's door freezers that seem a bit dated nowadays

What are you going on about? Have you just reeled off whatever is going on in your head? What an inane boring post.

The thread discusses exactly what the title says. Why the need to moan about it and waste more of your time if its a boring subject. I don't know the Op but if he feels its worth discussion so be it. I do shop there so will be interested in what's happening when I go later this week. :)

The OP is right, this supermarket badly needs a fresh look as it's being outclassed by local competition. It was tired looking and I've stopped going there, preferring the competition. I'll be interested to see the end result.

The thread discusses exactly what the title says. Why the need to moan about it and waste more of your time if its a boring subject. I don't know the Op but if he feels its worth discussion so be it. I do shop there so will be interested in what's happening when I go later this week. :)

The OP thinks everything in the world needs discussion - go and check out the list of threads he has started :D

The OP is right, this supermarket badly needs a fresh look as it's being outclassed by local competition. It was tired looking and I've stopped going there, preferring the competition. I'll be interested to see the end result.

Every time I go into Crystal Peaks the roof appears to be leaking!! Get ready for winter and the buckets will be all over the mall!! :gag:

Every time I go into Crystal Peaks the roof appears to be leaking!! Get ready for winter and the buckets will be all over the mall!! :gag:

most local people call it Crystal Leaks :hihi::hihi::hihi:

most local people call it Crystal Leaks :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yeah! Bet the numerous poundland shops are going make a fortune in bucket sales :hihi: