BUPA Great Yorkshire Run

There is always thousands do this event so there will be loads taking part, i have done it a few times myself but dont do it anymore as it has become far too expensive for a 10k, should,nt be more than £15 for a 10k in my opinion. There are plenty of half marathons for less than this one costs.

There is always thousands do this event so there will be loads taking part, i have done it a few times myself but dont do it anymore as it has become far too expensive for a 10k, should,nt be more than £15 for a 10k in my opinion. There are plenty of half marathons for less than this one costs.

One of the main reasons I won't do it.

It's far too expensive for a 10k.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

To be fair, Great runs have always been expensive and criticized for that. However, plenty of other local races are not that different in price and Great runs do offer a proper goody bag, chip timing, elite athletes and a city centre finish. It IS quite an event. I will probably watch but would like to know which elites are running. Jo Pavey? Gemma Steel? Andy Vernon?

I know what you are saying jemson but even so i think the great runs are way too expensive now, in saying that thousands will be running it so good luck to all who are taking part, have a good day, run well and safely and most important of all enjoy yourselves.

Gemma Steel was awesome in the GNR, think she got a PB by quite a margin. Anyhow, best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

Ran in the 10k this morning. A well organised event with a great atmosphere. It may have cost £25 but good value compared to what I pay on a Saturday to watch football.

I watched and it looked like a great event on a lovely morning. The race was very close in the end although Gemma Steel was an easy winner in the women`s.

A slow race for all concerned this year, with both men's and women's times well down on preceding years. I managed a similar time to last year (despite having trained more intensively) but was 60 places higher than 2013...