Scanner recommendation please

Could anyone recommend an epson printer scanner?

The scanner is more important to me than the printer as I scan quite a lot. I am looking for a scanner that as good colour likeness to original painted artwork. Also one that has advanced settings so images maybe scanned at 200%. Not looking at professional ranges as there too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

When I wanted a laser printer I got some advice from Dawn`s Inks in town. (I’m not aware of whether they sell stuff like that, I just phoned for advice ). She was very helpful and provided advice that I was able to make use of. I bought a Samsung from Argos. She may be able to give you a few pointers. Give her a ring at a time when you feel the shop will not be too busy. 01709-838444

Hi, You haven't stated if you just want a standard A4 scanner or bigger - based on the excellent ones used at work I would go with Canon LiDE 700F - no need to find extra power as it runs of USB 2.0 and if you are short on space it comes with a built in stand so it can sit slightly off the vertical to drop sheets in:

http://www.canon-europe.com/About_Us/Press_Centre/Product_Information/scanners/CanoScan_LiDE_700F.aspx

I have its earlier model, the 600F

Not aware of scanning at 200% - I always thought you changed image size in an image manipulation program? All you can do is increase resolution - unless I missed a setting!

Same as Swarfender I use the Canon Canoscan LIDE 700F and find its the best I have used.

It does as good a job as a lot of the more expensive ones.

I use it to scan documents as well as film negatives to repair & reproduce old & damaged photographs.

I hope this helps?

Happy days! PopT

I'm not sure any of these have good colour accuracy though. Generally its only the expensive professional ones that do.