Pdf help needed please.

Hi everyone l wonder if anyone can help

l have received a job application online through my email as an attachment. When l open this attachment it opens as a PDF document.l thought l could just complete it and send it back as an email attachment but cant do that.so lve downloaded the pdf form filled it in and sent it to myself as an email attachment to test if it works but all l get is the blank application form as an attachment non of the filling in .l am totally thick on this area so any simple advice greatly appreciated thanks

PDFs are generally read only - unless you have a PDF editor, assuming there are not content locked.

Just as swarf said above - download an install a PDF editor (both the suggestion here are good) and edit away, making sure you save up (maybe rename or "save as" for extra compliance if sending back to the same company you downloaded it from - just in case)

I use Foxit PDF editor, to write on PDF. Or else you can take a print of the application, write down manually, then scan the document and send it via email attachment.

Assuming you are using Adobe PDF reader to view and fill in your form

You will need Adobe reader version XI.0.0.0 or greater

The current version of Adobe Reader is available from the follow Adobe FTP site

Ensure you uninstall the previous version before installing the current one.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.09/

If you have a combined printer and scanner (most people have nowadays) you could always print it off, fill it in by hand, scan it, and send it back.

Good luck!