Mass shootings in America

Simple. Because it is written into the USA's constitution - the RIGHT to bear arms.

Angel1.

Wrong, it's written into an amendment of the constitution and can just as easily be written out if the will of the people so wishes.

Simple. Because it is written into the USA's constitution - the RIGHT to bear arms.

Angel1.

Yes, it's in SECOND amendment. So there is proof positive they can amend it if they want. It's been amended a few times I think. The first let people have slaves if memory serves.

It's a mind set. You when you see an ambulance at a car crash, you think "oooo that's terrible" if it's in November or later you'll add "that's someone's Christmas ruined". But that's it - you aren't wanting to ban cars. A very large number of Americans think the same about mass shootings. It's a price they are quite prepared to pay. Let 'em.

Yes, it's in SECOND amendment. So there is proof positive they can amend it if they want. It's been amended a few times I think. The first let people have slaves if memory serves.

It's a mind set. You when you see an ambulance at a car crash, you think "oooo that's terrible" if it's in November or later you'll add "that's someone's Christmas ruined". But that's it - you aren't wanting to ban cars. A very large number of Americans think the same about mass shootings. It's a price they are quite prepared to pay. Let 'em.

How do Second Amendment rights differ from First Amendment rights?

As pertaining to the Constitution, they are effectively the same. They share the same protections as all constitutionally enumerated rights.

Angel1.

Wrong, it's written into an amendment of the constitution and can just as easily be written out if the will of the people so wishes.

Well the founding fathers didnt really think it was that important otherwise they would have written it into the actual constitution rather than the SECOND afterthought of a bunch of also rans

How do Second Amendment rights differ from First Amendment rights?

As pertaining to the Constitution, they are effectively the same. They share the same protections as all constitutionally enumerated rights.

Angel1.

If you don't think anything can be done about the second amendment you might want to consider what happened with the eighteenth and twenty-first amendments.

If you don't think anything can be done about the second amendment you might want to consider what happened with the eighteenth and twenty-first amendments.

it rather depends on how you look at this.

like most UK people i am no expert on the american constitution or its amendments

like yourself not being american i have not bothered to study them all or their back stories

to me it shows that creating the 18th amendment was considered to be a mistake and then the 21st cancelled it out. perhaps a good general indication showing that amending the constitution is not wise.

of course if you want to have a different view then thats your privilege

it rather depends on how you look at this.

like most UK people i am no expert on the american constitution or its amendments

like yourself not being american i have not bothered to study them all or their back stories

to me it shows that creating the 18th amendment was considered to be a mistake and then the 21st cancelled it out. perhaps a good general indication showing that amending the constitution is not wise.

of course if you want to have a different view then thats your privilege

I was making the point that just because something is defined as a right in an amendment to the US constitution doesn't mean it can't be taken away if a US government so decides.

The UK and the USA are two countries divided by a common language, our standards are not theirs, everything American revolves around god, their country and their total superiority to every other nation. They couldn’t care a donkey’s plonker what other nation’s opinions on them are, they would readily invade Wales if ordered to do so.

you have a point and look at Wales the english (who of course have never thought they were superior to everyone else) were told to so they did and not only invaded Wales but occupied it too ...and they are still think they should run it.. and much the same with both Scotland Ireland too but not so much as they did Wales.

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 18:06 ----------

I was making the point that just because something is defined as a right in an amendment to the US constitution doesn't mean it can't be taken away if a US government so decides.

can be taken away by a government.. 'can be' or even 'may be' neither make something correct that 'should not be'. or was never intended to be.

unalienable rights were stated and were and are not meant to be messed with by today's politicians trying to keep the votes of members of protest groups.

lets get somethings into perspective.

in the usa around 2/3 of the people killed with guns...did it to themselves.

don't forget that for every 3.25 million people are complaining that would only be a mere 1% of the population of the usa.

to be fair you'd probably need around 20%, 65 million (the population of the UK) before anyone should even think about taking anyone seriously in a democracy of that size.

also be aware whilst some people in the US want more gun control what they do not want is the right to own a gun to be removed.

but like i've said before a lot of people in the uk Ktrying to fix america when they know little or nothing about it and yet they have not even fixed the UK yet.

we have much bigger insidious and darker problems than a few nuts with guns

The latest shooting (at a Waffle house in Nashville) leaves 4 dead, and the gunman apparently on the loose and naked? Oo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/waffle-house-shooting-leaves-3-dead-4-wounded-gunman-sought/ar-AAwb6TW

And yet another example of that national perverts ass BS that a "good man" with a gun will stop a "bad man", NOT!! they guy who fought him off was unarmed. HAs there been ANY mass shootings that were stopped by a good guy with a gun? Most seem to involve the bad guy shooting himself

And yet another example of that national perverts ass BS that a "good man" with a gun will stop a "bad man", NOT!! they guy who fought him off was unarmed. HAs there been ANY mass shootings that were stopped by a good guy with a gun? Most seem to involve the bad guy shooting himself

you mean like this all american family? :hihi:

Edited by melthebell

There was one recently where a shooter was shot at and ran. I cant remember the details.

Apparantly, it happens alot and its suppressed by the the libtard mainstream media!

Hmmmmm.