Mass shootings in America

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Cars kill loads of americans and nobody wants to ban cars etc.

It's tragic. Some nut job out there could be genuinely thinking of going for a hat trick and there's nothing they can do about it. And I'm not sure they want to do anything about it. Gun sales will now soar.

Cars have a use other than death and destruction though. 

If they didn't, a call to ban them would be understandable.

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

I know that, but go on any forum where there's lot of americans and it's line that's trotted out after every mass shooting. 

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

I know that, but go on any forum where there's lot of americans and it's line that's trotted out after every mass shooting. 

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ahh I thought you were seriously making that argument.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ahh I thought you were seriously making that argument.

For those who say look how gun crime has increased since Trump became President.  You could say look how London has changed, since Khan took over the job as mayor with the increase in knife crime.  I don’t like Khan, but I also don’t blame him for all of the knife crime in London or Trump for the mass shootings in America.

It’s the person who used the gun and pulled the trigger who I blame or the person who stabbed someone with a knife. I don’t believe in being radicalised or groomed either.  These murderers who have a taste for human blood suffer from some sort of mental brain damage and nothing will stop them if they want to murder someone. 

Its the innocent normal people who suffer from their actions.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Cars kill loads of americans and nobody wants to ban cars etc.

It's tragic. Some nut job out there could be genuinely thinking of going for a hat trick and there's nothing they can do about it. And I'm not sure they want to do anything about it. Gun sales will now soar.

Way to go, roll out the irrelevant comparison.  Americans kill Americans, lets ban Americans, Sharks kill Americans, lets ban sharks

Lets guess what can be ACTUALLY banned that are not needed

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

For those who say look how gun crime has increased since Trump became President.  You could say look how London has changed, since Khan took over the job as mayor with the increase in knife crime.  I don’t like Khan, but I also don’t blame him for all of the knife crime in London or Trump for the mass shootings in America.

It’s the person who used the gun and pulled the trigger who I blame or the person who stabbed someone with a knife. I don’t believe in being radicalised or groomed either.  These murderers who have a taste for human blood suffer from some sort of mental brain damage and nothing will stop them if they want to murder someone. 

The ones who are REALLY to blame are the NRA.  They are the ones that are obsessed with the damn things.  There isnt a knife equivalent

6 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Its the rhetoric, hes a hate preacher, hes seen by millions of people around the world, he has spent hours villifying Hispanics in his speaches, this is the end result

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49226573

A 21-year-old white man was arrested where the attack took place in the city of El Paso, near the US-Mexico border.

He is believed to have posted an online document calling the attack a response to "the Hispanic invasion of Texas".

The suspect is believed to be the author of a text posted on 8chan, an online message board frequently used by the far right, which describes a "cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion", alluding to Hispanic people in the US.

The four-page document, reportedly posted some 20 minutes before police received the first emergency call, also expresses support for the gunman who killed 51 people in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March.

The man, named by US media as Patrick Crusius, lived in Allen, in the Dallas area, about 650 miles (1,046km) east of El Paso. It is not yet clear how long before the attack he had gone to the city.

its similar to the likes of tommy robinson, farage, hopkins etc they foster a hatred of immigrants, muslims etc, "some" people get an obsession about it, which CAN (not always) but CAN lead to violence and even murder.

Even before his election Trump was espousing that mexicans were criminals, robbers, drug smugglers and rapists....people do believe these words and suck them up.

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Its the rhetoric, hes a hate preacher, hes seen by millions of people around the world, he has spent hours villifying Hispanics in his speaches, this is the end result

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49226573

its similar to the likes of tommy robinson, farage, hopkins etc they foster a hatred of immigrants, muslims etc, "some" people get an obsession about it, which CAN (not always) but CAN lead to violence and even murder.

Even before his election Trump was espousing that mexicans were criminals, robbers, drug smugglers and rapists....people do believe these words and suck them up.

How on this earth can you even try to link the above with a mass murdering piece of filth. You must really try to do better. I have never heard Robinson who is a complete idiot call for the killing of anybody. Have you a link?.

Angel1.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

How on this earth can you even try to link the above with a mass murdering piece of filth. You must really try to do better. I have never heard Robinson who is a complete idiot call for the killing of anybody. Have you a link?.

Angel1.

sigh, please keep up, its not about calling for killing, its creating the groundwork, the hostile environment

i explained it in detail i cant explain it any more, its all there

10 hours ago, Halibut said:

The only American on the page pops up on a thread about America's mass murderous obsession with guns and makes a glib comment about hot sauce.

I have a bad taste in my mouth

I was answering someone else's glib comment about "hot sauce."  It's really enchilada sauce, but I imagine to an Englishman they're essentially the same thing. 

What comment could I possibly make that would make one iota of difference in this discussion? Some of you are having such fun.

I suppose all I will say is maybe figure out where El Paso is, and maybe read up on the history of the area.  And life on the border in general.  And please don't buy anything by El Paso. That stuff really is awful.