Gordon Brown to be Leader of Labour?

Labour was mostly from Scotland. Now they have new powers, and England apparently having new powers, you will never have labour in England.

The Tories want to in simple terms get rid of the NHS. Scotland don't.

Unfortunately the new powers Scotland have and England want mean England will be torie run for life! Meaning the NHS is bottom of the ladder for them.

You mean these 'new powers' that haven't actually been agreed yet so no-one knows exactly what they are?

Some people have very short memories. The conservatives are still digging us out of the mess Brown got us into.

What mess? As for pensions, things as become much worse for most since 2010 and, yes, you can Google it if you want. As for the current crop of tories, what do we see? Victimisation of the unemployed, Victimisation of the disabled, victimisation of the civil service including local authorities, victimisation of the NHS, victimisation of the police, victimisation of the fire service, victimisation of the armed forces, victimisation of the education system, victimisation of families etc. Some people have very selective memories it seems

Labour was mostly from Scotland. Now they have new powers, and England apparently having new powers, you will never have labour in England.

it is not my problem that you have no idea, of the electoral complexion of urban England. Here is a list of the larger cities of England with the % of Labour parliamentary seats in each one. And remember Labour got most parliamentary seats in ALL of these cities in a losing year when they got only 30% of the vote nationwide.

London 52% Labour

Birmngham 88%

Manchester 67%

Liverpool 100%

Newcastle 100%

Sunderland 100%

Bristol 50%

Leeds 60%

Nottingham 100%

Hull 100%

Stoke 100%

Norwich 50%

Sheffield 80%

Southampton 100%

OK I have left out Portsmouth which has no Labour MP's because of its big links with the armed services, but out of all of those cities in the above list, outside London, the Tories have a grand total of TWO MP's.

could do better, don't you think? They can hardly claim to be the party of England when they can barely muster a single MP in an English urban area.

Edited by blake

Southampton is 100%? I find that difficult to believe

Southampton Test and Southampton Itchen are both Labour seats at the moment although Labour only narrowly managed to hold on to the more marginal of the two, Itchen, in 2010. Southampton is the Labour town, of Hampshire whilst Portsmouth, with its heap of Armed Services jobs, is the Tory one. However the Tories only have one of Portsmouth's two MP's at the moment which they will be looking to turn into two, when the Liberal vote there collapses in May.

Bring back Thatcher
why her policies still live on, even in death she still haunts this country :roll::suspect:

Privatisation of the hospitals in England ( COMING SOON) ... I can see most english residents moving to scotland in the not so distant future for medical care.

That's a great idea. We will all be able to have free care for the elderly, free tuition fees and free prescriptions and no one will have to pay for it. Oh hang on.

Ok, don't jump on me. As this is merely a discussion. I've always liked Brown and thought he could have done a decent job over time.

Because of the Scottish vote, I'm told he did some great speeches and people could finally see his passion and his personality. (although I didn't see them)

Do you think he's should return as the new Labour leader? The one(s) we have at the moment do nothing for me.

Discuss.

You mean the man who put us in a deep recession and then sold 30,000 tonnes of our gold to prop up Goldman sach

Brown should be the Mp for the Isle of Sky, in other words well out of the way, he is the reason why the Posh Public schoolboy Twits are in power making a complete mess of this country. :gag:

Brown should be kept out of the way for good after the bankrupt mess they left this country in. Posh public schoolboys appear to be doing all the right things to bring the country back into the black. Which is what they do every time they are in power then Labour back in no money again all given away in benefits etc etc.

" Gordon Brown to be Leader of Labour?. " :hihi:

Made I laugh did that one.

Angel1.