Gordon Brown to be Leader of Labour?

Brown should be the Mp for the Isle of Sky, in other words well out of the way, he is the reason why the Posh Public schoolboy Twits are in power making a complete mess of this country. :gag:

They are??

Worse than the previous lot??

I wasn't aware :huh::huh::huh:

Ok, don't jump on me. As this is merely a discussion. I've always liked Brown and thought he could have done a decent job over time.

Because of the Scottish vote, I'm told he did some great speeches and people could finally see his passion and his personality. (although I didn't see them)

Do you think he's should return as the new Labour leader? The one(s) we have at the moment do nothing for me.

Discuss.

Bring back Thatcher

Jim Murphy would make a credible leader for Labour, far more electable than Miliband.

I bet the conservatives would be happy to have him as the Labour leader after his last showing in a general election.

Jim Murphy would make a credible leader for Labour, far more electable than Miliband.

I'm a huge admirer of Alan Johnston. Trade Union Member. If Labour want to win back their traditional voters they wouln't go too wrong with him.

Bring back Thatcher

do you know a good spiritualist.

Why is that? Because he made a complete cobblers of the job.

Totally agree. Some people have very short memories. The conservatives are still digging us out of the mess Brown got us into. Plus he robbed the private pension funds of millions like myself.

I was thinking more like Secretary of State for Scotland, if such a position will still exist in this brave new world.

I

Brown would not even have accepted that job when Labour were in opposition in the 80s and 90s. He would have been scared of being sidelined into the ghetto of Scottish politics like Donald Dewar was sidelined. There was nothing wrong with Brown's ambition to make it big in Westminster at all. He definitely did not want to get too deep in Scottish politics.

good campaign cameo by Brown but obviously there is no way he is going to get into Scottish politics now after trying to avoid it so assiduously previously. I would not be surprised if he has his share of local enemies either, jealous that he made it to be Chancellor and PM. There is no way he is going in there.

For the English: You will never see labour in england from this day on. Unfortunately for england even with a NO vote from Scotland England is in trouble ahead.

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 22:19 ----------

Privatisation of the hospitals in England ( COMING SOON) ... I can see most english residents moving to scotland in the not so distant future for medical care.

clearly you have not noticed that even though they lost the last GE, Labour still have all the English cities north of Derby, not to mention the jewel in the crown of England, London where they got 52% of the seats, more than all the rest put together, even in a losing year. They are going to be hard for the Tories to get off in May.

clearly you have not noticed that even though they lost the last GE, Labour still have all the English cities north of Derby, not to mention the jewel in the crown of England, London where they got 52% of the seats, more than all the rest put together, even in a losing year. They are going to be hard for the Tories to get off in May.

Labour was mostly from Scotland. Now they have new powers, and England apparently having new powers, you will never have labour in England.

The Tories want to in simple terms get rid of the NHS. Scotland don't.

Unfortunately the new powers Scotland have and England want mean England will be torie run for life! Meaning the NHS is bottom of the ladder for them.

Gordon Brown was a well meaning man with good intentions, but he wasnt a number 1........a good number two, doesnt always make a good number 1, so Mr Brown will never be leader again IMO.

Milliband is a good man, intelligent, well spoken, but he just doesnt seem to connect with people, nevertheless, he will still become prime minister next May.

Labour isnt the party of old, & probably never will be.