Parking a caravan on road

is this allowed, well its actually parked half on half off the pavement. its not just overnight its been there a few weeks now.

No. 1) you are not allowed to park on footpath and 2) it's illegal to keep a caravan parked on the road overnight - ring 101

...2) it's illegal to keep a caravan parked on the road overnight...

Really?

Do you have a verifiable source for this statement?

Well I hope you are right Bruce because it's not your caravan that will get a ticket or towed for illegal parking.

Highway Act 1980 sections 137 and 149 could be used.

I believe this has applied elsewhere as a caravans/trailers are not legally recognised as vehicles,but thats only what i've read and been told regarding my horsebox previously.

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/345599

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/66/contents

The above examples refer to any vehicle.

A pedal cycle could, in the right circumstances, be said to cause most of these 'offences'.

Are there any caravan or motorhome specific offences? - Whilst there are HGV's on the road - I think not.

I ad mine on front ov my house all safe n i got asked to move it i phoned sheffield council see where i stood they said if the caravan is nt attached to a car at all times it is NOT ALLOWED on public roads .

Really? I'd like to see the Act and section on that.

If it's a specific offence for caravan's I think its disgraceful as skip's, detached HGV trailers and other obstructions should be included.

I'm jumping the gun there a bit. As many of the HGV trailers I've seen appear to be in large lay-by's that may not be part of the 'public road'. But, what could be the excuse for skips?

If it's a specific offence for caravan's I think its disgraceful as skip's, detached HGV trailers and other obstructions should be included.

I'm jumping the gun there a bit. As many of the HGV trailers I've seen appear to be in large lay-by's that may not be part of the 'public road'. But, what could be the excuse for skips?

We have an HGV blood transfusion trailer at our hospital, and it has an MOT certificate on it. Seeing as it does not have an engine attached to it, im sure this can be parked on a road.

Skips legally need permission from the council to be placed on the road iirc.