University of Sheffield - Campus Master Plan

A couple of points extracted from this that may be of general interest to forum members:

1. There is sadly no plan for an under/overpass on Hannover Street - just an extra wide pedestrian crossing near the tram stop.

2. There are plans to investigate elevating traffic on the university roundabout by making a one way loop - Western Bank outbound and Glossop Road inbound.

This would man rerouting the 51,52 and 95 bus routes (though I think they are saying this may be done anyway).

Discuss!

Thanks for the link Ian.

Is there any chance of getting a reduction on our Council Tax by getting rid of the entire Council and putting the University in charge of the City?

The University do a fantastic job in promoting our city and moving it forwards, whilst our Council...

Regards

Doom

Thanks for the link Ian.

Is there any chance of getting a reduction on our Council Tax by getting rid of the entire Council and putting the University in charge of the City?

The University do a fantastic job in promoting our city and moving it forwards, whilst our Council...

Regards

Doom

I wish. But then I thought the planning office only employed numpties not people with brains and common sense.

Two additional crossings on Western Bank is going to be fun. I noticed that the master plan here says 'We will be putting two new crossings on Western Bank' rather than the council doing it, so maybe control has already been handed over to the University. I didn't think they had the power to do that.

fantastic, cant wait till its done and finished, hope its in my lifetime,

Two additional crossings on Western Bank is going to be fun. I noticed that the master plan here says 'We will be putting two new crossings on Western Bank' rather than the council doing it, so maybe control has already been handed over to the University. I didn't think they had the power to do that.

I believe one is the existing under pass from the Union and the higher one will be replacing the one that is near the roundabout, thus alleviating the pile-up of cars leaving the roundabout that occurs each time someone walking their dog wants to cross the road.

This all looks really impressive (the huge PDF is pretty detailed). The Diamond is really coming along too - less than a year to completion now.

Personally I'm a little concerned that vehicular access to my company (pretty important for deliveries etc) seems to have been replaced with a nice tree lined pedestrian area..!

I believe one is the existing under pass from the Union and the higher one will be replacing the one that is near the roundabout, thus alleviating the pile-up of cars leaving the roundabout that occurs each time someone walking their dog wants to cross the road.

Doesn't look like an underpass from the picture, it's going straight across where the car park entrance is now.

Guest sibon

In fairness, it will make no difference to car users.

Anyone with any sense doesn't drive down there. Those that do must average about 5 mph. I can't see a couple of crossings slowing anything down significantly.