Have you tried the Cambridge diet?

hi just interested to know if anyone has tried the Cambridge diet and if so what did they think to it?

I it years ago and I can remember the cereal bars being salty and the shakes lumpy....Its probaby changed since then but its not really much different to slim fast, only slim fast is cheaper.

I can't do the shake for breakfast and lunch thing, they make me feel sick.

Wats A Cambridge Diet?

I used to be a proper biffer, and tried every diet under the sun and I never stuck to them because I thought they were faddy. I wanted a "diet" where it didn't feel like I was dieting and I didn't have to give anything up - obviously I was getting bigger cos I was having too much bad stuff and not enough good stuff, so I had to swap these over, but found it hard. So as a last resort, I joined Weightwatchers. Result! I lost 4 and a half stone in about a year, went from 14 stone to 9 and a half, went from a size 20 to a 10, and I still had a takeaway at least once a week and went out on a massive night drinking at least once a week too. I'd recommend it to anyone. There's 2 types now - the full choice one, where you can eat anything you like but you have a points allowance per day so you have to tot everything up. Or theres No Count, where you can only eat certain foods on a list but you can have as much or as little as you like all day, without weighing and stuff. This is particularly good for people who like loads of food on their plate and like to feel full. The points one is better if you don't want to give anything up but you have to cut down. I did the points one and have never looked back.

you spend a helluva lot of money on it over about three years, with an intake of beer and kebab. But at the end of it all, you get to be more snotty than people on other diets, regardless of the fact that they are all pretty much the same.

I've tried all the takeaways and pubs on Mill Road in Cambridge.

What exactly is this diet... what can/cant you eat? I've actually never heard of it...

I'm currently on the home-carers diet... It involves dashing around like a mad woman, feeding everyone except yourself... Not much choice but it works!

What exactly is this diet... what can/cant you eat? I've actually never heard of it...

I'm currently on the home-carers diet... It involves dashing around like a mad woman, feeding everyone except yourself... Not much choice but it works!

It's very simular to slimfast. but it was out before slimfast (in this country anyway)

have to say, I have tried every faddy diet too. I've just joined weightwatchers and have so far lost a stone in three weeks.

I do the no count plan and to be honest I don't even really feel like I'm on a diet.

The Cambridge Diet have 10 flavoured Shakes, 7 Flavours of Soups, 6 Choc bars (2 crunchy). 2 porridge flavours and 3 tetra brick flavours. You can even make a pudding like angel delight as a meal!

It certainly has changed since 1984.

My friend started doing it last Monday as a way to lose a stone in three weeks, she says it's rank, she has only got the shakes which leave her feeling physically sick, she has to hold her nose and drink em down in one.

If it is making her sick it will be due to the strength of the vitamins and minerals in the diet. Or she just doesnt like the flavour. In the first case she needs to dilute the strength. I.e. more water or have half a packet now and half in two hours. I find people nearer 5ft tall suffer from this. In the second case, go and get something she likes.

If her counsellor is not advising her correctly then she needs to change her counsellor.