Warrant for possession?

I noticed I never replied to this (so 2 years on I'll reply lol)

We did keep the house (THANKFULLY) and I broke down after they told us we were keeping it. We set up (AGAIN) a direct debit for rent and it's been paid every month since, and we have not missed a payment. I think the total is now at 1500 or around that which is a lovely improvement (about 1000 down from what it was). We're hoping to have it all paid off in the next few years (I'd say 3 years, give or take) and move out and have a fresh start somewhere new

I noticed I never replied to this (so 2 years on I'll reply lol)

We did keep the house (THANKFULLY) and I broke down after they told us we were keeping it. We set up (AGAIN) a direct debit for rent and it's been paid every month since, and we have not missed a payment. I think the total is now at 1500 or around that which is a lovely improvement (about 1000 down from what it was). We're hoping to have it all paid off in the next few years (I'd say 3 years, give or take) and move out and have a fresh start somewhere new

That's great news - and even better that you're still there and on top of things two years later.

I used to represent people in court in that situation and it IS very intense - a lot of people do break down when we get the eviction stopped. With some people, I would be working with them for a long time afterwards but with others, this was the end of the case and I lost contact with them Sometimes I would meet them years later and see how much better off they were with a period of crisis long in the past.

If you've lived in the council property for so long you should look into buying it.

The discount for long possession is pretty decent.

If you've lived in the council property for so long you should look into buying it.

The discount for long possession is pretty decent.

I imagine a mortgage would be impossible with council rent arrears, I would concentrate on getting everything repaid and repairing your credit then perhaps look at taking advantage of the massive discount.